Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for ‘05 Xenon headlight upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

yes
    Then you must have upgraded them in your sleep.

Comment

G5BRT with Osram CBI 66240 bulbs and call it a day

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 2.23.23 AM.png
Views:	498
Size:	837.4 KB
ID:	217683
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 2.23.42 AM.png
Views:	488
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	217684 ​​​​​​​
      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Is this the kit everyone is talking about?

Lucky You: The Bosch "E46" Bi-Xenon projectors are the most common OEM HID projector ever used, ranging from BMWs to Range Rovers to the Lamborghini Aventador! Luckily for you, the Morimoto Retro-Quik system is designed as a direct bolt-on upgrade for a big performance boost inside the headlights on all cars equipped w

Comment

+ 1 for Corey's setup. It's insane. Pull the headlights and ship off to Lightwerkz unless you enjoy the process of retrofitting things (drilling, cutting, spacers, etc). They'll build everything out for you and ship you back a plug and play setup.
          '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Best thing i ever did was having lightwerkz upgrade my headlights along with night breakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post
              Is this the kit everyone is talking about?

https://lightwerkz.net/collections/a...h-e46-bi-xenon
              That would work. Your OE ballasts and ignitors will work just fine with any of the D2S bulbs you choose.

Mike
              02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
              11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
              16 X5

Comment

Thanks, all!
                Sounds like having Lightwerkz do the work with G5-BRTs and Nightbreakers is the way to go.

Any thoughts on this quote from the “Retro-Quick” kit description? (From the link Ubaderb provided above)

Optional High Beam Splitters: Double high beams?! whaaaat! Since the Fusion has a pre-existing halogen high beam and the new projectors in the Retro-Quik system have their own bi-xenon high beams, you'll have no problem lighting up the back roads. Put simply, the optional Morimoto high beam splitters allow you to make this feature work easily without any cutting or splicing to the factory wiring by diverting power from the halogen bulb into the projector's high beam solenoid, making them both work at the same time.​”

Not sure I understand whether this involves new high-beam bulbs (in addition to the bi-xenon capability), and how much more light it’d put out in high-beam mode.

Comment

Originally posted by GyroF-16 View Post
                  Thanks, all!
                  Sounds like having Lightwerkz do the work with G5-BRTs and Nightbreakers is the way to go.

Any thoughts on this quote from the “Retro-Quick” kit description? (From the link Ubaderb provided above)

Optional High Beam Splitters: Double high beams?! whaaaat! Since the Fusion has a pre-existing halogen high beam and the new projectors in the Retro-Quik system have their own bi-xenon high beams, you'll have no problem lighting up the back roads. Put simply, the optional Morimoto high beam splitters allow you to make this feature work easily without any cutting or splicing to the factory wiring by diverting power from the halogen bulb into the projector's high beam solenoid, making them both work at the same time.​”

Not sure I understand whether this involves new high-beam bulbs (in addition to the bi-xenon capability), and how much more light it’d put out in high-beam mode.
                  You don’t need new high beam bulbs. When low beams are off, only the halogen inners will light up when you pull the stalk (just like stock). When low beams are on, both the projectors and the inner halogen lights will be function as high beams, giving you quad high beams. The smaller projectors on the 01s aren’t as good as the later ones, but my quad beam setup is still insanely bright. I’d recommend it if you’re frequently using your high beams at night.
                  Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                  Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

You don’t need new high beam bulbs. When low beams are off, only the halogen inners will light up when you pull the stalk (just like stock). When low beams are on, both the projectors and the inner halogen lights will be function as high beams, giving you quad high beams. The smaller projectors on the 01s aren’t as good as the later ones, but my quad beam setup is still insanely bright. I’d recommend it if you’re frequently using your high beams at night.
                    Okay - if I understand you correctly, you DO recommend the mod to allow the halogen inboard lamps to come on with the BiXenon high beams.
                    I do roughly 50% of my night driving with high-beams on, so I’d like all the light I can throw.

Comment

Okay - if I understand you correctly, you DO recommend the mod to allow the halogen inboard lamps to come on with the BiXenon high beams.
                      I do roughly 50% of my night driving with high-beams on, so I’d like all the light I can throw.
                      Yes, and if you don’t like it just remove the splitters.
                      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Thanks, all!

You can just code the halogen high beams to come on with the bi-xenon highs.
                        2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

True Laser headlights.

HOW LASER HEADLIGHTS WORK - SIMPLE EXPLANATION - YouTube

Comment

Would anyone happen to know if wiring would be the same if you purchased the Lightwerkz with or without the V4 Halos?
                            /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

I've upgraded my stock bi-xenon to bi-LED (on my sedan, same units as the M3).

My friend builds them with parts from Ligthwerkz for much less.

It's a lot more than "a couple hundred", more like a thousand or so. But certainly very worth it.

IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                              A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                              Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                              Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                              Touring S62 6MT
                              Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post
                                I've upgraded my stock bi-xenon to bi-LED (on my sedan, same units as the M3).

My friend builds them with parts from Ligthwerkz for much less.

It's a lot more than "a couple hundred", more like a thousand or so. But certainly very worth it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1_Md...RlODBiNWFlZA==
                                SO it costs around $1000 to build these? The projectors cost $280 at a minimum so what other parts do we need?

Comment

Working...
                                X