FCAB - what’s best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
    I have a pair of rogue poly FCABs sitting in a box, I am undecided if I will run those or stick with OE. Who has run these and can provide any feedback on the street variant?
    I've run the rogue ones. They're similar to all the other poly bushings. In my case they lasted a few months but I have the added heat there. I thought the replacement inserts they offer were way overpriced.
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

I have the Turner Monoball's and they have been pretty great so far. I guess I am lucky because I haven't gotten any weird squeaky noises. The lazy center is gone and the steering feels much more direct. The only issue I have with them is the fact that the grease comes out past the face seals whenever I inject. I think the lubrication channels could probably be bigger and better, but they still work as intended.

Comment

I had installed the Turner Poly 80A bushings and have run them for the last few months, even using them on the track at COTA here in Austin. They felt great with little, if any NVH increase. But after only about 5,000 miles, the passenger side bushing already has a decent amount of play in it, which is rather disappointing. Now I'm considering going for the Monoball setup in replacement of the poly ones. And if you're wondering, yes I did grease the poly bushings up during installation.

Comment

Turner Poly, love the heavy steering it provides, I wanted monoball but was worried about sound (also sold out at the time)

Comment

Previous owner installed BW TrackCAB. They are poly so will probably fall apart quikcly. But the replacement inserts are just $20 to get them back to new.

So far no signs of play and steering feels great.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
              Previous owner installed BW TrackCAB. They are poly so will probably fall apart quikcly. But the replacement inserts are just $20 to get them back to new.

So far no signs of play and steering feels great.
              Bimmerworld TrackCAB are not poly. The insert is made of delrin.
              SF Bay Area Vanos, Rod Bearings, Inspection II, etc. Services : Member Feedback
              E46 M3 Track Videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/DanAvon

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                Many, MANY people have had the powerflex FCABs fail.
                I'll say. i put a set on, hit the track and the right side failed after 2 sessions due to heat. I havent been back to the track since.

edit: i already posted this, sorry for the repost LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DanAvoN7 View Post
                  Bimmerworld TrackCAB are not poly. The insert is made of delrin.
                  You’re right. I stand corrected!

Comment

Unfortunately, trying to get a set of Turner monoball's seems to be hard right now. No matter what vendor you choose (Turner, Pelican Parts), they're delayed for the next few months on shipping them out. Looks like I'm going to go with the BW TrackCAB instead.

Comment

I tried the Turner Monoballs and had to take them off the car because they clicked on slow turns. We tried regreasing them, and even replacing them with a new set, and the same issue occurred. Turner had no solution. Ended up going back to OEM.
                      Last edited by mcfreid; 02-03-2022, 08:24 AM.
                      2006 M3 ZCP coupe, jet black on black, 6 speed
                      2001 325xi wagon, red on beige, 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by mcfreid View Post
                        I tried the Turner Monoballs and had to take them off the car because they clicked slow turns. We tried regreasing them, and even replacing them with a new set, and the same issue occurred. Turner had no solution. Ended up going back to OEM.
                        Same here.

Comment

Stock no question. My car has seen a lot of track time and I had poly for years and hated them until I found out why poly is such trash on these cars because it does not articulate. The car would bang and hop over bumps and just be annoying and at times sketch on the street under high speed cornering. Bought some new lemforders this year and I would not think twice about doing it again. The car rides nice again and has PLENTY of grip. Until someone makes a sealed monoball up front that requires no maintenance and has plenty of compliance, new non rotted oem bushings are the only real option here without tradeoffs.
                          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by Hotchkess View Post
                            Unfortunately, trying to get a set of Turner monoball's seems to be hard right now. No matter what vendor you choose (Turner, Pelican Parts), they're delayed for the next few months on shipping them out. Looks like I'm going to go with the BW TrackCAB instead.
                            Turner and Pelican are the same, all ECS. They pull from the same warehouses I believe.
                            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Turner and Pelican are the same, all ECS. They pull from the same warehouses I believe.
                              correct

ECS owns Turner, pelican, bav auto, and probably more at this point. Quality has suffered as a result.

Comment

What about OE Z4M?

Offset, a potentially a little stiffer?

Comment

Working...
                                X