Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are we going to source slicktop headliners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are we going to source slicktop headliners?

Like many of you, I would love to have a CF roof installed but these slicktop headliners are pretty much impossible to find.

Do we have any other options outside of praying and hoping one pops up in classifieds?
    /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Have they gone NLA? I ordered mine thru my local BMW dealer and picked it up 3 weeks later after it was shipped from the motherland.
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

They just went nla and the only option is a beige/grey slick top (if they just hasn’t been remarked nla yet). I’ll most likely be trying to order one sometime and reupholster it I guess.
      Last edited by Lagunaseca_Blau; 07-09-2023, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Just checked ETK and 51 44 7124314 shows cancelled. Hellgrau is still in production but not schwarz. Sunroof headliners have plenty of stock and are still being made. Besides cosmetics, they should still be ok to use. BMW is really shifting focus on newer cars. Checked stock and there are none in the US.
        Last edited by Arith2; 07-09-2023, 03:47 PM.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

51442699065 is the euro headliner and will fit a US car if the sunroof is removed. I installed one in my car back in January sourced from my dealership for $619

Comment

It must've been in stock at another dealership because BMW won't let US dealers order Euro parts from BMW. $619 sounds right though.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
              ...because BMW won't let US dealers order Euro parts from BMW.
              Is that a new thing? I've ordered a Euro bumper, for example, and other Euro parts through my dealer in NC.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Is that a new thing? I've ordered a Euro bumper, for example, and other Euro parts through my dealer in NC.
                If there is one in the US then you can still buy it. There will be items bought and never picked up. 2019 was the start of this bs rule, there was just plenty of stock in US warehouses. Now that has run out. BMW seems to be changing for the worst at the moment. This definitely reversed my decision on buying a new one a while back. There's a few other things I won't go into so I don't turn this into a BMW flaming thread. From the looks of it, only European shops are the answer for this unless someone wants to GB euro headliners. Not sure if that's even worth it.

Comment

Interesting. My bumper, windshield, Euro headliner (no alarm dome) all supposedly shipped from Germany in early 2022.

I sourced mine via:

Online sales of genuine BMW parts and accessories. Shop now and save!

...which is local to me so I just picked everything up from them. Some items took 6 weeks to get from Germany. Others took just 3 weeks. I didn't order everything at once.

Comment

Yeah I remember getting one of the last Euro headliners in the US in early 2021 so somebody is ignoring or getting around that rule.

Comment

Well no one rat them out if they doing us all a solid!!! Ha

Comment

I can confirm that the dealership is not allowed to order any euro parts for our US cars, was at the dealer today and was told the only way to get euro parts is if it's an import euro car, you need a ton of paperwork and you can't get any part you want only some parts can be sold in the US. He said the best way to get euro parts is have them imported using a 3rd party company.
                        Last edited by Norocehcap; 07-10-2023, 07:08 AM.
                        2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
                        2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
                        Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

really appreciate the discussion here

i'm thinking i might have to go ahead and pull the trigger via bmwpartsdirect...they seem to have a beige one for about $1k shipped to me in GA...
                          /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Norocehcap View Post
                            I can confirm that the dealership is not allowed to order any euro parts for our US cars, was at the dealer today and was told the only way to get euro parts is if it's an import euro car, you need a ton of paperwork and you can't get any part you want only some parts can be sold in the US. He said the best way to get euro parts is have them imported using a 3rd party company.
                            Must be a recent policy change. I bought a Euro slicktop headliner 51442699065 in February from my local BMW dealer. I asked about CSL roof rails last week and the dealership said they couldn't order Euro parts anymore. The part number wouldn't pull up in their system.
                            Last edited by AWE46M3; 07-10-2023, 09:49 AM.
                            '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Norocehcap View Post
                              Even when they would get most of the parts, they would tell everyone that. In recent years, it's been a bit more difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X