Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are we going to source slicktop headliners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silbergrau137 View Post
    Anyone find any leads on this? I'm getting tired of going to junkyards just searching for a slicktop E46... I don't see any other options.
    All the WTB posts across the FB groups and forums have come back nil.
    I recently purchased the euro market 51442699065 from my local BMW dealer in PA. It's listed as Schwarz/Black just like the A/B/C pillars but it's a deeper shade of black. Not a big deal but noteworthy for weirdos like me. I'll deal with it as my original slicktop unit fell apart in the last 8 mos and the US market unit is NLA. I like the look better without the alarm sensor and related contour. I added the euro sun visors at the same time to get rid of the peeling warning stickers. Nice, clean improvement all around.
    2005 M3 - SGM, 6MT, Impuls Cloth, Slicktop
    2022 M3 - BRG, Tartufo, xDrive​

Comment

Originally posted by Malloy View Post

I recently purchased the euro market 51442699065 from my local BMW dealer in PA. It's listed as Schwarz/Black just like the A/B/C pillars but it's a deeper shade of black. Not a big deal but noteworthy for weirdos like me. I'll deal with it as my original slicktop unit fell apart in the last 8 mos and the US market unit is NLA. I like the look better without the alarm sensor and related contour. I added the euro sun visors at the same time to get rid of the peeling warning stickers. Nice, clean improvement all around.
      Mind sharing which dealer that was specifically 👀. I thought dealers wouldn't order the euro parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post

Mind sharing which dealer that was specifically 👀. I thought dealers wouldn't order the euro parts.
        Thompson BMW in Doylestown, PA. I feel this is one of the odd Euro part numbers that shows as available in the US system. I provided the dealer the part number, they ordered it and it arrived 1-2 mos later. No questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Malloy View Post

Thompson BMW in Doylestown, PA. I feel this is one of the odd Euro part numbers that shows as available in the US system. I provided the dealer the part number, they ordered it and it arrived 1-2 mos later. No questions asked.
          Just so folks are aware, I called Thompson just now with that PN and they said it's NLA. Was worth a shot, thanks for the info Malloy

Comment

Oh man, I've been hoarding a new slicktop headliner I got for my old car. It's been hanging on the wall in my office for the past few years. I need to frame it.
            E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post

Just so folks are aware, I called Thompson just now with that PN and they said it's NLA. Was worth a shot, thanks for the info Malloy
              Bummer! I bought it in April and (finally) had it installed this week.

Comment

Has anyone tried BMW South Atlanta yet? Not sure how they are acting currently, but they got some hard to find parts for my E36 a couple years ago. Stuff that was allegedly NLA
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                  Has anyone tried BMW South Atlanta yet? Not sure how they are acting currently, but they got some hard to find parts for my E36 a couple years ago. Stuff that was allegedly NLA
                  I live 30 miles from there.. tried going through them, got order canceled due to NLA. was trying to pick up in person to save a few hundred bucks. may try the euro headliner pn mentioned above.

it’s funny because i’ve talked to multiple ppl who say they can get one on forums, facebook, etc and they all end up ghosting me. i guess they are also finding out it is NLA.
                  /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

So, are the euro headliners NLA periodt, or just not able to be had here in the US?

And are there no regular US spec slicktop coupe headliners available new, of any color?
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                      So, are the euro headliners NLA periodt, or just not able to be had here in the US?

And are there no regular US spec slicktop coupe headliners available new, of any color?
                      Malloy mentioned he was able to get the euro one so maybe it depends on the dealer? i don’t have any friends at any local dealers for parts so i have no clue.

seems like all US slicktop headliners are NLA based on my experience. I’m getting tired of having these companies charge the card first only to find out they won’t fulfill the order for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post

Malloy mentioned he was able to get the euro one so maybe it depends on the dealer? i don’t have any friends at any local dealers for parts so i have no clue.

seems like all US slicktop headliners are NLA based on my experience. I’m getting tired of having these companies charge the card first only to find out they won’t fulfill the order for whatever reason.
                        The reason is pretty clear-- they don't know it's NLA till they try to order it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I might try and make a composite headliner. It would be an interesting project that might be worth my time.

Comment

If an item goes NLA, will it stay NLA for good/permanently? or is there a chance that they may make it available again?

Comment

They might rarely do a "second run" of something, for example I got a couple of the reissued LTW/GT e36 splitters a few years ago. I really wish they would wise up and offer more classic reissue parts but I don't see that happening. BMW doesn't give a rat's ass about their classics, or rather how they would see them, old cars.

The composite headliner is not a bad idea. You could sacrifice one, remove the fabric and all the glue, scan it, 3D print, and offer those for sale.
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Who would like to take a stab at finding a manufacture from this list to make one for us? If members are willing to pay $1k shipped for a slicktop headliner, I couldn’t imagine a world where one of these suppliers couldn’t do a small run for us

Comment

Working...
                                X