Recaro sportster mounting options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recaro sportster mounting options

Which solution will get lower seating position?

- recaro sliders and floor mounts or
    - oem sliders with bk mounts

Thanks

This thread has some useful info on both:

Recaro Sportster CS Mounting Question
    I was wondering how people are mounting the Recaro Sportster CS seat. Are the official Recaro sliders worth it? Where can you buy them in the USA? Do you need anything else to mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
    Build Thread:
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

having run both, the swiss cheese floor mounts and recaro sliders position the sportsters significantly lower than the BK/OE slider setup

i only run the sportser as a passenger seat so am currently running the BK/OE slider solution since passengers seem to prefer the higher height

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
        having run both, the swiss cheese floor mounts and recaro sliders position the sportsters significantly lower than the BK/OE slider setup

i only run the sportser as a passenger seat so am currently running the BK/OE slider solution since passengers seem to prefer the higher height
        Haha it's your post I referenced I. The thread I linked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
        Build Thread:
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

oh wow lol, good to know i can give the same answer

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

Are these the "swiss cheese" mounts being referenced? A google search with "ms swiss cheese mounts" brought me to Macht Schnell and further searching led me to that, but I'm not sure.

Comment

To go super low, you can get your own brackets made, like Bry5on did. https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...706#post200706
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Does anyone have experience with the seating position of planted seat brackets vs BK vs swiss cheese mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by gaiakai View Post

Are these the "swiss cheese" mounts being referenced? A google search with "ms swiss cheese mounts" brought me to Macht Schnell and further searching led me to that, but I'm not sure.
                  yea there are a few companies that make them now (i believe our forum group buy vendor sells some knockoffs) but MS and Vac mounts have been around the longest. they are generally application specific and all the holes give you more mounting options to get your seating position just right.

Vac mounts are a little longer which lets you set your seat further back if you're particularly tall, but it does intrude on passenger space

Comment

So recaro sliders sit lower but by how much?

Guys running bk mounts are you happy with the seat height? Is it lower than stock at lowest position?

Comment

I wouldn't count on those swiss cheese seat mounts holding up in a wreck.
                      eacmen (I think it was him) had some personal experience with that.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post
                        I wouldn't count on those swiss cheese seat mounts holding up in a wreck.
                        eacmen (I think it was him) had some personal experience with that.
                        I an engineer at a company that makes seats (not for passenger cars). We use the same supplier for sliders are Recaro/cobra from some applications. It's terrifying how poorly they old up in any sort of crash testing-- whenever we use them, we also use tethers or brackets to make sure the seat stays attached to the vehicle.

... and those are vastly better than the Sparco slider provider.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by akshon View Post
                          So recaro sliders sit lower but by how much?

Guys running bk mounts are you happy with the seat height? Is it lower than stock at lowest position?
                          BK seat mounts are about 3/8” higher than the factory seats in the lowest position. I made my own brackets to drop the sportsters about 3/8” lower than the factory seats in the lowest position.

There is a way to get them even lower, but involves cutting the seat frame (the actual recaro part) and welding to imitate what BMW did with their factory performance seats.
                          ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Working...
                          X