2/3 pole connections part #'s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2/3 pole connections part #'s?

Looking to make my flap functional and need to get all the connections/wiring together on one ECS/Amazon order.
    So far I have the parts #'s for the connections, protective boots and conduit.

Connections:

2 pole:

3 pole:

Protective boots:

2 pole:

3 pole:

DME Side Connections:

61-13-0-005-197

Wiring conduit:

Now what I need info on would be the best wiring to get. I think the wiring needs to be .5mm (24awg), please correct me if I am wrong there.

Also when I buy the connectors will they come with the actual connections themselves that crimp to the wires or must those be bought separately? I am not referring to the DME side connections.

Will this tool work to crimp the connector side connections on? If not what tool will I need?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07RZ...b_b_asin_title

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Cubieman; 05-10-2020, 11:02 AM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    Also when I buy the connectors will they come with the actual connections themselves that crimp to the wires or must those be bought separately? I am not referring to the DME side connections.
    If you mean the plastic connectors with the metal spring thing then no, terminals will not come with those (at least the ones I got from FCP/ECS didn't).
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

If you mean the plastic connectors with the metal spring thing then no, terminals will not come with those (at least the ones I got from FCP/ECS didn't).
      OK, good to know I'll need to source those separately. Lately I've been making too many order, I need to slow down and get everything in one go. Wasting $ on shipping costs.
      Anyone know the PN for those?

Instagram

Comment

OK, good to know I'll need to source those separately. Lately I've been making too many order, I need to slow down and get everything in one go. Wasting $ on shipping costs.
        Anyone know the PN for those?
        There's a lot of good info here:

Well here is my DIY attempt at converting my wiring to OEM CSL after replacing my MSS54 with a Terra Modified MSS54HP. I have an OEM CSL Airbox with Flap and all OEM ducting etc.. Starting to untangle the mess LOL..... http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b96/ejazsharif/DARTH%20VADER/CSL%20MAP-IAT-FLAP%20wiring/IMG_0840.jpg
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Are these what I need?

I'd get 5 of these, stick them into the 2 and 3 pole connectors than use .5mm wire and the corrugated tubing to run to the DME then splice the wire where needed and terminate into the DME where applicable.

I guess I just need those connections for the wires on the connector side, if those I posted will just slip into the 2/3 pole connectors that would be awesome, already crimped!

Instagram

Comment

These are what I need for the 2 pole and 3 pole connections.

EDIT: looks like the previous connections I posted where incorrect.

And according to the below link it would appear that the 2 pole uses a different connector style (part # is different) than the 3 pole.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200510_155002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	23253
            Last edited by Cubieman; 05-10-2020, 02:25 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Are these what I need?

I'd get 5 of these, stick them into the 2 and 3 pole connectors than use .5mm wire and the corrugated tubing to run to the DME then splice the wire where needed and terminate into the DME where applicable.

I guess I just need those connections for the wires on the connector side, if those I posted will just slip into the 2/3 pole connectors that would be awesome, already crimped!
              Honestly not sure. I don't have a flap on my car. However, I do know that the terminals from the MAF connector fit the two pole connector that goes to the IAT sensor. Forgot to buy terminals along with the connector when I did my install so I scavanged the MAF connector ones lol. Not sure if that helps, but if that two pole connector is the same as the flap one you could cross reference part numbers for the terminals.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Honestly not sure. I don't have a flap on my car. However, I do know that the terminals from the MAF connector fit the two pole connector that goes to the IAT sensor. Forgot to buy terminals along with the connector when I did my install so I scavanged the MAF connector ones lol. Not sure if that helps, but if that two pole connector is the same as the flap one you could cross reference part numbers for the terminals.
                Thanks man, I keep going back and forth whether or not I really want the flap. I read from time to time it acts as a throttle or its not just for noise. I've got it a want to use it, but not using it means I don't have to screw with factory wires I suppose I might just leave it, although after doing the MAP that stuff doesn't really bother me as much.
                If anyone happens to know the PNs I'd sure appreciate it. Was going to place an order for a few pieces for when I do rear quarter rubbers later this week and thought I'd just tag on the flap connectors with that order tonight. Maybe not though, quite indecisive.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X