No announcement yet.

Correct euro bumper P/N?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I removed my factory bumper and it would appear it did have the 4 tabs causing fitment issues but they were cut off.

I am the 4th owner of the car so maybe it has been replaced before but it is a genuine US bumper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230930_213112.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	236073 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230930_214731.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	236074 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230930_214736.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	236075
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

So are you going to cut the tabs off the euro one?
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
        So are you going to cut the tabs off the euro one?
        I had to cut the tabs for it to fit, the bumper fits OK, fender gaps aren't perfect, but it'll be fine, my last bumper wasn't 100% either.

I got the Trinity mounts but they really can't do much to pull the bumper in further, you would have to cut foam from the bumper cover for that.

I'll need to find some foam to stuff under the bumper to make the gaps under the headlights a bit better, the foam on the passenger side was still there but had come unglued, the foam on the driver's side was missing completely.

Name:	20230930_230936.png
Views:	170
Size:	644.1 KB
ID:	236129 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230930_231007.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	236128 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230930_230948.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	236126 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230930_230957.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	236127

Instagram

Comment

Hey Cubieman. My factory bumper cover had the tabs cut off as well. It's a 2003 but 9/2022 build. My thought is that rather than changing the bumper cover mold when BMW switched from Kevlar to aluminum, they just cut the tabs off.
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
            I'll need to find some foam to stuff under the bumper to make the gaps under the headlights a bit better, the foam on the passenger side was still there but had come unglued, the foam on the driver's side was missing completely.
            Just FYI, there's also supposed to be a strip of foam in the middle. To close up the gap between bumper and hood
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Just FYI, there's also supposed to be a strip of foam in the middle. To close up the gap between bumper and hood
              There is a piece that is still attached in the center right under the kidney grills, so that's good, but the D.S foam has left the building. The P.S foam I have but it came unglued.

I see MpartsWW had these strips for $50 a piece but I'm thinking of just using some stuff around the house and stuffing it in from behind the bumper after removing the lower headlight trims to gain some access.

Hard to see the center foam unelss you zoom in, also one of my 4 studs came out with the bumper and sits rather loosely in the carrier when re-installed, likely going to epoxy that on.

Name:	20231003_073819.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	236323

Instagram

Comment

I need a euro bumper in my life, but to be honest seeing the fitment I am disappointed. You're putting some great work here Op thank you for sharing the progress.
                -Singh
                2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
                BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
                Besian

Comment

Originally posted by Singh View Post
                  I need a euro bumper in my life, but to be honest seeing the fitment I am disappointed. You're putting some great work here Op thank you for sharing the progress.
                  The shop is having a bit of trouble getting the paint just right but maybe by the end of next week I'll have the bumper back on and can add some final thoughts as I'll try my best to get perfect fitment. I have added some foam to the crash bar as others have had do as it falls off over time.

I will say my US bumper wasn't perfect by any means though it wasn't brand new either and the under-headlight foam was missing on the D.S.
                  Last edited by Cubieman; 10-14-2023, 05:39 AM.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Singh View Post
                    The Euro bumper is identical to the US bumper, except the Euro bumper does not have reflectors. That's it. They are otherwise physically identical to one another.

Barring the tabs people are talking about (which must be removed for Kevlar bumpers), there is no fitment issues beyond what you deal with on the US bumpers.

Comment

This was already posted into the "What did you do your M3 Today?" thread but thought an update might be appropriate here as well.

With the missing D.S kevlar carrier foam put back using a portion of foam RC airplane wing and slightly tightening up the 10mm plastic screws that hold the 4 "suction cups" to the bumper cover the fitment was better than with my factory bumper even. Still not 100%, but I'm leaving it alone.

Name:	20231021_211202.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	239293 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231021_211223.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	239294

Name:	20231021_220451.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	239296 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231021_211134.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	239297
                      Attached Files

Instagram

Comment

The fit and finish was really good on mine too. Nice hack on the model airplane foam.

Comment

Working...
                        X