Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 Stablemates: What else do you have in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to the stable.

BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Managed to shove a bunch of stuff to the sides and make room in the garage. Also put on a new CA plate for the red one. Only cost me $550…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gotta register out of state bro.

Pavers look nice btw.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
          New addition to the stable.

God damn man I just sold my E34, don't do this to me. Beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

I really don't give a shit about bmws but I've been considering one of these for a daily beater. What are your thoughts on it?

I would only do suspension, wheels, dp/exhaust, tune and nothing else.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ECE63661-C7B9-4A47-884F-2D96E2F3FCBB.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	266759

I think it's a fantastic daily, which is the primary reason I bought it. I bought mine with all of the expensive stuff done already too-- KW v3, crank hub done, FBO Stage 2, etc.

Knowing how to drive an SMG trans, DCT is way smoother in traffic. You still have to feather the throttle taking off like in an SMG or manual but once you're rolling the shifts are buttery smooth.

Holy fucking torque. This thing unironically has twice the torque of my E46, and way more than my old E60 M5. If you're just messing around with traction off you can lose control of this car really easily, even with some sticky ps4s. I never felt in danger in my E60 M5 except for in the rain.

I want to chalk this up to having an extremely rare individual spec, but this car gets a LOT of attention from people, car guys or not. Everywhere I go people show it love which is nice to see.

Other miscellaneous DD stuff: infotainment is super modern & carplay works great. Love the 360 cameras, love the MPG, etc. Competition pack buckets aren't the most uncomfortable seats ever but they aren't the best. More comfy than my E46 seats (that don't have bolster or lumbar support). Note that comp seats in these don't have adjustable lumbar. I think that's about it but if you're interested in one pull the trigger! Anyone who says these cars have no soul just cause they're turbocharged is insane. They're absolute animals once they're dialed in. And in my opinion the best looking M3 ever made.
            2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post

I think it's a fantastic daily, which is the primary reason I bought it. I bought mine with all of the expensive stuff done already too-- KW v3, crank hub done, FBO Stage 2, etc.

Knowing how to drive an SMG trans, DCT is way smoother in traffic. You still have to feather the throttle taking off like in an SMG or manual but once you're rolling the shifts are buttery smooth.

Holy fucking torque. This thing unironically has twice the torque of my E46, and way more than my old E60 M5. If you're just messing around with traction off you can lose control of this car really easily, even with some sticky ps4s. I never felt in danger in my E60 M5 except for in the rain.

I want to chalk this up to having an extremely rare individual spec, but this car gets a LOT of attention from people, car guys or not. Everywhere I go people show it love which is nice to see.

Other miscellaneous DD stuff: infotainment is super modern & carplay works great. Love the 360 cameras, love the MPG, etc. Competition pack buckets aren't the most uncomfortable seats ever but they aren't the best. More comfy than my E46 seats (that don't have bolster or lumbar support). Note that comp seats in these don't have adjustable lumbar. I think that's about it but if you're interested in one pull the trigger! Anyone who says these cars have no soul just cause they're turbocharged is insane. They're absolute animals once they're dialed in. And in my opinion the best looking M3 ever made.
              Thanks broski. Point of it, for me at least, would be to have a fun car in manual despite a sedated experience as compared to the e46.

I'm not a sedan guy but this was one generation that looked better in form than the coupe and I could use the space I suppose. I do want a brutal turbo car at some point and this will probably fill the gap if I end up getting one.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post

God damn man I just sold my E34, don't do this to me. Beautiful.
                Sorry bud!
                BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Working...
                X