Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 Stablemates: What else do you have in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terra View Post

Lol. Well I have a 120 mile round trip commute so comfy car and electric is nice there. And the acceleration is utterly ridiculous.
    And you can't drain the battery on 120 miles so charging only at home works.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerjeff View Post

Thanks for that feedback, I have a M3 Competition (CS in your area, close as we got to CSL) and I've always thought about getting an Esprit V8, we never got many of the S4S here in the states. Wondered what an owner of both would say. Do you think the V8 would make it more competition for the M?
      Try one and see what you think. The V8 is heavier at just under 1400kg (just over 3000lbs). My experience having test driven one back in the day (the green press car that was featured in all the magazines at the time), was that it was disappointing. I was expecting it to be leaps ahead of the 4 cylinder cars, but it's torque limited in 1st and 2nd to protect the driveshafts and doesn't even run intercoolers, as the gearbox also can't cope with the torque that more boost would provide in the higher gears once it gets full a boost (a heady 0.8 bar in the right "overboost" conditions), so they didn't bother (and if you see how tight it is with the V8, packaging would also have been an issue). They could have probably achieved the same power if it was NA with higher compression etc. Looks the part, but is all bark and no bite. There is a company in the US (Renegade( that does the LS conversions. They then become the car Lotus should have built:
      When you hear the name Lotus, the typical enthusiast envisions a quick, lightweight, iconic supercar with deep roots in racing. The lines of the Esprit were...

Comment

My father worked on every iteration of the Esprit for decades. He always maintained the four-cylinder was the one to have and hated the V8-especially working on it.

Comment

A45 AMG for fun work commutes and hills runs whilst the M3 is (still) on stands

Comment

2024 X3 Brooklyn Grey/Red
            Attached Files

Comment

BMW 316i E30

Comment

C7 and an English Bulldog Click image for larger version

Name:	rufus_m3_vette.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	260922
                2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                  I know not everyone’s cup of tea here, but I bought myself a model s plaid. 1000hp sure is addictive.
                  nice! my MYP has been a game changer for commute/family hauling duties

did you consider the Lucid Air at all?

Comment

Not necessarily in a garage, but here is my 325Ci, just hit 200k Miles

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_20200830_113827_LI (Large).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	260955

The twins together

Click image for larger version

Name:	Twins.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	260956

Comment