Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 Stablemates: What else do you have in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powerbait View Post
    98 Cosmos E36
    06 Imola E46 ZCP
    10 Melbourne E92
    18 Imola F80 ZCP
    all slicktop
    So you like red huh?

More pics of that Imola F80 please! That was another spec I strongly considered for mine before I got my Daytona Violet. F80's wear imola so well.
    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

My other cars a pretty different then my M3, but IMO make it feel more special.

2023 Model 3 RWD (daily)
      2023 XC90 B6 (wife)

Comment

I do have a type... I was not interested in the F8X until I saw one in Imola, then I was on a mission to find one. I've kept it very mild with Eibachs, AA midpipe, CS rear section and a JB4.
        As for my favorite, that is a very hard question, they all have their own personality and things I appreciate. I've had the E92 the longest, it's the most personalized and I've tracked it at Summit Point, AMP, and Sebring. Plus it makes the most glorious noises!

More Imola:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	F80.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	271186 Click image for larger version

Name:	f80 side angle.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	271187 Click image for larger version

Name:	e46 full side.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	271189
        Attached Files

Comment

Sold off the E55 and S2000 and picked up a well sorted(ish) 05 ZHP. Manual with the correct interior.. dare I say it's more fun than the M3 on a tight road?

If only I could go back in time and show 16yr me what the garage looks like, now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Beautiful Chas3n . I love myself a ZHP, they're such great cars. I bought one way back in the day which was almost new and put 75k miles on it. Such a fun enjoyable daily.
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
            Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post
              Sold off the E55 and S2000 and picked up a well sorted(ish) 05 ZHP. Manual with the correct interior.. dare I say it's more fun than the M3 on a tight road?

If only I could go back in time and show 16yr me what the garage looks like, now.

Congrats on the ZHP! Imola FTW and I'm assuming alcantara interior? Looks a tad too low for proper suspension travel.

I fully agree that a well sorted non-M sedan can be just as exciting if not even more fun to drive on certain roads. I had my M3 for over 10 years and sold it when I realized that I enjoy driving my non-M sedan more - no exaggeration here. Mine is not a ZHP - it's a fully rebuilt/refreshed 325i with M-tech II pack, ZF 6 speed, 3.46 diff, ZHP exhaust, BMW Performance intake and the lightweight M68 wheels. I absolutely love this thing... it puts a smile on my face every day. To me, it truly proves that 'it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow'.
              Last edited by PetrolM3; 07-09-2024, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

Congrats on the ZHP! Imola FTW and I'm assuming alcantara interior? Looks a tad too low for proper suspension travel.

I fully agree that a well sorted non-M sedan can be just as exciting if not even more fun to drive on certain roads. I had my M3 for over 10 years and sold it when I realized that I enjoy driving my non-M sedan more - no exaggeration here. Mine is not a ZHP - it's a fully rebuilt/refreshed 325i with M-tech II pack, ZF 6 speed, 3.46 diff, ZHP exhaust, BMW Performance intake and the lightweight M68 wheels. I absolutely love this thing... it puts a smile on my face every day. To me, it truly proves that 'it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow'.
                Yes, when we got it, it had the KW V1's at a very low ride height.. I have since swapped it all for a simlair setup to the m3. M3/xi sway bars, Sachs mtech II dampers, z4 mounts, Eibach pro kit springs. Rides wonderfully to work and has no bump steer through my local back road. I'll have to eventually take new photos of it with the suspension, but if you have an e46, it's pretty much the way to go.

I’ve owned M3’s since 07, and I always wanted the 330i zhp. Have to say it’s very much lived up to its hype over the last 2 decades! The low end torq is just more fun to step into on the commute to the office and the right back road here.

I need to find a summer/spring set of wheels where and swap to a ps4s to really enjoy it out there. I think your current setup is sublime for an all around BMW. Hate to say this, but the e46 I believe is peak bmw..

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                Beautiful Chas3n . I love myself a ZHP, they're such great cars. I bought one way back in the day which was almost new and put 75k miles on it. Such a fun enjoyable daily.
                Really is a tremendously better daily than the M. Normally I'd be in my truck, but my wife is 8montha pregnant and finds my truck more comfortable, so I'm “forced” to drive the zhp (which we bought for her) every day. First world problems!

Last edited by Chas3n; 07-09-2024, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Yes, when we got it, it had the KW V1's at a very low ride height.. I have since swapped it all for a simlair setup to the m3. M3/xi sway bars, Sachs mtech II dampers, z4 mounts, Eibach pro kit springs. Rides wonderfully to work and has no bump steer through my local back road. I'll have to eventually take new photos of it with the suspension, but if you have an e46, it's pretty much the way to go.

I’ve owned M3’s since 07, and I always wanted the 330i zhp. Have to say it’s very much lived up to its hype over the last 2 decades! The low end torq is just more fun to step into on the commute to the office and the right back road here.

I need to find a summer/spring set of wheels where and swap to a ps4s to really enjoy it out there. I think your current setup is sublime for an all around BMW. Hate to say this, but the e46 I believe is peak bmw..

I also recently installed new Sachs Mtech II dampers but paired with OE sport springs and E90 X-drive mounts (they seem like the most robust OEM+ option on the market). Also went with the M3 front/xi rear sway bars like yourself but I had issues with an M3 bar binding and eating through links at a very fast rate. I switched it out for a 25mm bar from a Z4 instead (direct fit unlike the M3 bar which has different geometry) which I highly recommend with the xi rear... it seems to reduce the understeer a bit and the car seems to rotate a bit better than with the M3 bar (binding issue aside).

As for wheels and tires - the style 135 are VERY heavy. Swapping them out for M68 wheels made a huge difference - feels like a completely different car now... lighter on its feet and more comfortable due to more sidewall. I went with AS4 tires - I think they have more than enough grip for the power and will last much longer than PS4s.

Congrats again, hope you enjoy it for many years!

Comment

Congrats Chasen!
                    IG: @limited.slip

Imola Red E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                    Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
                    Alpine White 1 Series M
                    A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ E̶4̶6̶ 3̶2̶5̶i̶ T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶5̶4̶ 6̶M̶T̶
                    T̶i̶t̶a̶n̶i̶u̶m̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ E̶3̶9̶ 5̶4̶0̶i̶ M̶-̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ​T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶6̶2̶ 6̶M̶T̶

Comment

Name:	IMG_5726.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	271312

Added a 1M to the stable recently. I can't believe how good the front end is compared to the E9X M given that's it's essentially the same hardware. And the rear end just begs to step out, such a hooligan. It's rowdy and buckets of fun. Feels faster than it probably is. I'm completely smitten!

Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
                      Alpine White 1 Series M
                      T̶i̶t̶a̶n̶i̶u̶m̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ E̶3̶9̶ 5̶4̶0̶i̶ M̶-̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ​T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶6̶2̶ 6̶M̶T̶

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post
                        Congrats Chasen!
                        When are you ready to take both 46's? Looking for replace the s54 with an s65 and the m54 with the s54 😬

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5726.jpg Views:	31 Size:	260.8 KB ID:	271312

Added a 1M to the stable recently. I can't believe how good the front end is compared to the E9X M given that's it's essentially the same hardware. And the rear end just begs to step out, such a hooligan. It's rowdy and buckets of fun. Feels faster than it probably is. I'm completely smitten!
                        Congrats yourself! I've always been so impressed with the e87 1 series, and the 1M was just mind blowingly good!

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

I also recently installed new Sachs Mtech II dampers but paired with OE sport springs and E90 X-drive mounts (they seem like the most robust OEM+ option on the market). Also went with the M3 front/xi rear sway bars like yourself but I had issues with an M3 bar binding and eating through links at a very fast rate. I switched it out for a 25mm bar from a Z4 instead (direct fit unlike the M3 bar which has different geometry) which I highly recommend with the xi rear... it seems to reduce the understeer a bit and the car seems to rotate a bit better than with the M3 bar (binding issue aside).

As for wheels and tires - the style 135 are VERY heavy. Swapping them out for M68 wheels made a huge difference - feels like a completely different car now... lighter on its feet and more comfortable due to more sidewall. I went with AS4 tires - I think they have more than enough grip for the power and will last much longer than PS4s.

Congrats again, hope you enjoy it for many years!
                        So when I first installed the m3 sway, after a few days the wife reported a clunk on the drivers side. I foolishly bought AutoZone links as I didnt wish to wait a week for shipping when I first installed as I hadn't realized that the PO used non-adjustable links for the KW's but super short fixed links.. long story short, I finally and luckily ordered from FCP euro an OE set (they JUST opened a warehouse in PHX, 90 miles south of me so shipping was FAST/cheap with 2 day) New OE links have been on there for the last 2 months, and the clunking has not returned. The car feels planted in the rear, turn in is incredibly dialed. (OMG the ZHP rack is great, even better than the ZCP rack!) It back with blizzaks when we bought it, and those give up within 4 corners, and at a rather low cornering speed, so I cant really confirm if when closer to the limits it exhibits the understeer, but I will report back once summer wheels/tires are on, although that maybe next season, as I think I'm swapping the ARC8's on the M3 to the new apex ML10's and I wanted to also order a set for the ZHP to match.. Those AS4's recently impressed me, on a buddies X3MC. They had some decent peak grip for an all season, but didnt hold up well after 2 minutes of very hard driving, that said, I wouldn't expect them too. For comparision, I have to run the M3 with an re71rs or equal tire to finish that backroad without overheating.

I had been hunting for arc8's for the ZHP, but very few owners, atleast in PHX/AZ order them in the correct widths and offsets..

Last edited by Chas3n; 07-10-2024, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Name:	IMG_5726.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	271312

Hell yeah, have always like those. Bet that thing is a blast to drive. One day my E82 will receive the power/drivetrain from an E9X M3...
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

The other car is a 2002 Lemans M5. I'll bet not the only one here with that E46/E39 M combo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	22 year old.jpg Views:	0 Size:	282.5 KB ID:	271528
                            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

When are you ready to take both 46's? Looking for replace the s54 with an s65 and the m54 with the s54 😬

Congrats yourself! I've always been so impressed with the e87 1 series, and the 1M was just mind blowingly good!
                              Oh man, I am 100% down to do the ZHP but the S65... I'm not sure I have it in me to do it all over again. While I did save most of the parts, there are forced compromises to fit it and make it work on the E46 chassis that don't make it a 100% OE style fully integrated swap...

Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
                              Alpine White 1 Series M

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Hell yeah, have always like those. Bet that thing is a blast to drive. One day my E82 will receive the power/drivetrain from an E9X M3...
                                It really is! It's quintessential old school BMW fun. Not too big, not too heavy, both ends of the car do exactly what you want with great feel/communication coming through. It reminds me of the E36 in some ways which is the car that made me fall in love with BMWs to begin with.

I have a lot of E9X M parts including a complete S65 I could be talked into selling if you're interested 😅

Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
                                Alpine White 1 Series M

Comment

Working...
                                X