Best option for headers + cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post

Those are resonators in that piece, not cats, unfortunately. If they produced that with cats I would buy one immediately.

Sunbeam isn't the first company to make the equal length sec 1. They have been out there for some time. There is another company who, from the translated version, appears to make a similar design with cats. But I don't see the product on their site anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
      Sunbeam isn't the first company to make the equal length sec 1. They have been out there for some time. There is another company who, from the translated version, appears to make a similar design with cats. But I don't see the product on their site anymore.
      This looks great! What company is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post

This looks great! What company is this?
        TK-Square, here is the link:
        E46 M3 エキゾーストシステム 当社、TK-M3RでS耐マシンからフィードバックされたマフラーにスポーツキャタライザーを装着した仕様です。ピークパワーを追い求めずに低回転からフラットなトルクを実現した扱いやすいマフラ … Continue reading "BMW E46 M3 EXHAUST SYSTEM"

You may have to email them about buying the sec 1 individually because on their site it seems they sell a package, of several different sections.

Comment

Another company sells something similar too, if you are looking for options.

https://www.saclam.com/products/lpho...ross_pipe.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
            Another company sells something similar too, if you are looking for options.

https://www.saclam.com/products/lpho...ross_pipe.html

This same company (Saclam) has equal length headers as well but are very pricey.

Comment

So just looking at it, I think I'd call that sect 1, "unequal" length. Which I assume is done to make up for bank 2 headers being further back than bank 1 (cyl 1-3).
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Holy moly had no idea no idea Saclam made exhausts for our platform.

Supersprint is nothing compared to what these folks can produce

Comment

Saclam headers look amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Kdubski View Post
                    Some kid on Instagram just discovered a Japanese tuner who realized the e46 m3 exhaust is "unequal". They made a section 1 with an unequal pipe layout to compensate for this difference in exhaust length in the headers to smooth out the s54 sound.

@jjjaacoobbb Instagram
                    My friend sent this to me it sounds nice but there wasnt evidence of hp gains.

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

2 cats = 480bhp

From HJS directly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8318.png
Views:	774
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	238508

M5 guys out this combo on the map. Check this forum post out for additional info

https://www.m5board.com/threads/hjs-...erters.192808/
                      Seems like the HJS distributor in the States are Fabspeed now. I emailed them a few days ago but havent heard anything back. Hopefully they reply back soon so I can see if its better/less of a headache to buy the cats to weld in or get a new set of catted pipes from SS.

Comment

I'd be interested to know how the O2 sensors work out on the Sunbeam kit. Traditional knowledge says the tip should never be angled upwards...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	723
Size:	743.6 KB
ID:	239065
                        '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                        Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                        Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by TosM3 View Post

My friend sent this to me it sounds nice but there wasnt evidence of hp gains.
                          From there website, not sure what to make of it.
                          https://sunbeam8.com/2235/

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Seems like the HJS distributor in the States are Fabspeed now. I emailed them a few days ago but havent heard anything back. Hopefully they reply back soon so I can see if its better/less of a headache to buy the cats to weld in or get a new set of catted pipes from SS.
                            if you're asking them to sell you the HJS cats, they won't...and if they do, it's pricey. you're better off buying them from europe directly. it's pretty straight forwards, ships quickly, and you get them in 1-2 weeks. i used turboperformance. best price i could find on the cats.

'06 Carbon Black
                            Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

if you're asking them to sell you the HJS cats, they won't...and if they do, it's pricey. you're better off buying them from europe directly. it's pretty straight forwards, ships quickly, and you get them in 1-2 weeks. i used turboperformance. best price i could find on the cats.

Got it. Doesn't hurt to try since I've been a fabspeed distributor for years and years. If that fails i'll just order from the link you posted.

I contacted HJS directly and they asked me to go through their distributors....so here we are LOL

Comment

Wait, for those who have done twin OEM resonator set up by taking it from another section 1, does that mean it's 'equal' lengths now if you go that route?

Comment

Working...
                                X