Good Lead on Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Lead on Fuel Pump

Anyone have good leads on our fuel pump? Are they really $400-500?

For OE, I think the prices went up a few years ago :/ I remember there being a thread about this on the old forums

Comment

You can fit a 255lph walbro. Get an installation kit and sleeve with it.

Comment

Saw this on another post. The owner used the old fuel pump exterior as a sleeve for the replacement pump.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeve1.png
Views:	255
Size:	679.2 KB
ID:	241321 Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeve2.png
Views:	242
Size:	676.6 KB
ID:	241322 Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeve3.png
Views:	238
Size:	682.6 KB
ID:	241323 Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeve4.png
Views:	243
Size:	639.1 KB
ID:	241324

Comment

Did the same thing on an E60 M5 fuel pump, worked great. I bought an M3 pump years ago for when mine goes bad but would definitely consider just putting the walbro in. My M6 will be getting the walbro for sure when it's time.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Is the Walbro good? My cars hitting 20 years old and wanted to refresh the fuel pump for maintenance as it nears 120k.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
              Is the Walbro good? My cars hitting 20 years old and wanted to refresh the fuel pump for maintenance as it nears 120k.
              Yes, no issues, quiet. I reused the sleeve too from the old pump but too much work if an install kit is available.

Comment

Hella fuel pumps on bimmerworld.
                Replacement fuel pump to restore proper fuel system operation. Replaces BMW part #16142229684.

Comment

I bought the Hella branded pump, no idea if it's a rebranded china pump but it solved my 2nd crank issue that I lived with for years.

The quality of plastic seemed the same as the original pump I pulled out just shiny new.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post
                    I bought the Hella branded pump, no idea if it's a rebranded china pump but it solved my 2nd crank issue that I lived with for years.

The quality of plastic seemed the same as the original pump I pulled out just shiny new.
                    Same with me. Been running well for a few months now. $99 bucks hard to pass up even as an experiment!

the fuel level sender electronics seemed to be different than OE but so far it works great. Also, comparing to a 21 year old pump… so you never know the OE pump could have received the same revisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X