No announcement yet.

F8X M3/M4 CF Drive shaft mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in pending it handles high revs and speeds with no issues. Would be a plus if it we had a track day review

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
      I'm in pending it handles high revs and speeds with no issues. Would be a plus if it we had a track day review
      Realistically it will take me another 2 months or so to hit the track, as I still have other things to finish to get the car ready.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

YFCM carbon fiber driveshaft checking in! Can't wait to install this along with a 3 clutch LSD w/ 4.10s.

2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
          Update: the driveshaft shop (DriveshaftPro) called me and said my driveshaft is ready for pickup. I dropped it off last week explaining the vibration issues.

Here is what they said:

"The original drawing we went off of caused the driveshaft to be too long. We shortened it by 3/8ths of an inch and rebalanced it. This should resolve any vibration issues. The CV joint wouldn't have lasted long due to this."

So whatever specs I posted above for measurements needs to be reduced by 3/8ths of an inch. 53.875 inches needs to be cut down to 53.5 inches.

Going to pick it up today on the way to Disneyland. I have to reinstall it, but it looks like OEM carbon fiber driveshafts might be back on the menu, boys. If it works without any vibration issues, I will get a quote for 5-10 of these to be done to try to get better pricing.
          You get any seat time with the revised length drive shaft?

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

It's posted on a previous page sonewhere: $776 with parts and labor.

I just would hate to see anyone spend the money I did and have issues. By the end of this week I should be able to test the car out with the shaft.
            Any updates on how it drives with the revised DS? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Any updates on how it drives with the revised DS? Thanks.
              Not yet. Soon. Sorry!! It's coming.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Waiting for an outcome on this. Received a DS from Ebay a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Bump...

Any update on this?

Comment

Working...
                  X