No announcement yet.

F8X M3/M4 CF Drive shaft mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm SMG, so I would image the length is slightly different. Is the confirmed error-free shaft on an SMG car?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

That's great news. Can you post the exact length of your cf DS? Thank you
      I posted my measurements earlier in this thread. These are exactly what my shaft is. They also cover what the company had in their system for stock driveshaft length.

This is who made mine:
      Fertigung und Reparatur von Gelenkwellen für KFZ und Industrie. Unser Ersatzteilservice für Nutzfahrzeuge ist rund um die Uhr für Sie da.

If anyone else wants to get theirs made in Europe, shoot me a pm, they still have my data on file, so they can make an exact replica.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
      2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
      Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post
        I'm SMG, so I would image the length is slightly different. Is the confirmed error-free shaft on an SMG car?
        Length is the same as the transmission itself is also the same, but less top clearance due to the shift actuator.
        I do not know myself if they will clear, since I have a manual.

Comment

I’m debating combining this with a s6-37 swap, since a different length shaft will be needed after 🤔

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
            I'm debating combining this with a s6-37 swap, since a different length shaft will be needed after 🤔
            What's the benefit of swapping this gearbox in? Is it lighter? I thought the gear ratios are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
              What's the benefit of swapping this gearbox in? Is it lighter? I thought the gear ratios are the same.

It's slightly lighter (5-6 lbs). The main benefit is shift quality.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

It's slightly lighter (5-6 lbs). The main benefit is shift quality.
                Ah good info, I might buy one for me as well to put it on stock. Mine has been behaving weird lately, having issues to put it into reverse when the car is warm.

Comment

Is this dead, or what??

Comment

I feel like we are going to see a bunch of these for sale under the heading of "sold the car, never installed, my loss is your gain".... lol
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I wonder how much of an improvement this is when compared to the process of integrating it right. There maybe a reason why OEMs walked away from it. I would rather have vibration free sailing that having a cool part that makes the car drive like poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                        I wonder how much of an improvement this is when compared to the process of integrating it right. There maybe a reason why OEMs walked away from it. I would rather have vibration free sailing that having a cool part that makes the car drive like poorly.
                        It revs better. It is almost like changing from a dual mass to a single mass flywheel. Not quite as significant but noticeable.

I also had a clunck with the old driveshaft, probably due to worn bearings. It's gone now.

I know it's only the one account and probably not much of a mod for the faint hearted. But so far seems pretty promising.

Comment

If anyone can get this done and shipped out for me for a reasonable price i would be grateful and would only do it then.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                            If anyone can get this done and shipped out for me for a reasonable price i would be grateful and would only do it then.
                            PM me if you want to get it done here in Germany, would be at the company that did mine.

Comment

PM me if you want to get it done here in Germany, would be at the company that did mine.

Sure! Will do that now

Comment

Originally posted by dHam_Slow.46M View Post

I know it's only the one account and probably not much of a mod for the faint hearted. But so far seems pretty promising.
                                How though? This has been over a year, and it seems dead as of now. Two people testing with no word

Comment

Working...
                                X