F8X M3/M4 CF Drive shaft mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing which may be relevant:
    All my drivetrain components are running stiffer mounts that stock so there is a lot less movement.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
      So, I finally got around to a longer drive with my car.

As for my CF Shaft, there are no downsides I could feel.

The car does feel much more direct, however I am driving a freshly rebuild and more powerful engine, so I am not fully attributing that to the shaft.

No more clunking. I did have quite a bit before and I have not done any changes to the tranny or diff since. So that's a plus.

Due to prior feedback above I also did some runs above 130kph/80mph. No vibrations.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

There you have it. My driveshaft was done improperly. Now I have to figure out why.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

There you have it. My driveshaft was done improperly. Now I have to figure out why.
        I was wondering why your shop welded a new tri-flange to your DS. IMO when going that route they should've at least used the output flange from your transmission to ensure the DS centerline stays aligned with the transmission output shaft centerline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

That is so frustrating. What a pain in the ass
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Can we share a list of good shops that are able to handle the modification?
            2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Any more updates from others who have done this? Any one know a shop on Jax FL who can do the work?

Comment

Just double checking, only the diff end needs to modified? The shop is thinking the transmission end also needs modification.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                  Just double checking, only the diff end needs to modified? The shop is thinking the transmission end also needs modification.
                  Although transmission side looks the same to the untrained eye, but if you closely the Gibo is larger on f8x then on the e46 therefore won't fit so you would need to do transmission side as well from my understanding 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just read this whole thread and got excited... then disappointed... then excited again.

I have an SMG car, so very interested in seeing if this is possible. Should I buy a CF driveshaft??

Comment

You have to do both ends.
                      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Still working on some details but so far…

$800 shipped. Only need the F8X driveshaft. They source the flanges and parts. I’m waiting for more details -

​​- can I provide the CV joint and guide bushing?
                        - are the flanges machined, reused from a different shaft?
                        - what is the warranty?
                        - does it cover high speed vibrations?

let me know if I need to ask any other questions.

Comment

I would be more inclined if we can find a single source/shop that will do these right and not mess them up as opposed to some others who tried a shop and it didn't work. $800-1000 is decent for this mod and worth it at that cost imo.

Comment

Still working on some details but so far…

$800 shipped. Only need the F8X driveshaft. They source the flanges and parts. I’m waiting for more details -

​​- can I provide the CV joint and guide bushing?
                            - are the flanges machined, reused from a different shaft?
                            - what is the warranty?
                            - does it cover high speed vibrations?

let me know if I need to ask any other questions.
                            Would we buy our own and ship them or will you be sourcing them and going through your contact?

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

Would we buy our own and ship them or will you be sourcing them and going through your contact?
                              You would need to buy on and then contact my contact.

While I could make some money by facilitating the transaction…I’m doing it to help the community. I’ve certainly benefitted from others doing leg work to get a vendor on board.

Comment

You would need to buy on and then contact my contact.

While I could make some money by facilitating the transaction…I'm doing it to help the community. I've certainly benefitted from others doing leg work to get a vendor on board.
                                Thank you for doing this! I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X