"StopTech Has Shut Down USA Operations"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teemmy View Post
    Oh man. I just bought a m3 with stoptech st60 380mm rotors and need to figure out replacement pieces when the time comes 😅

Car came with track pads and the car sounds like a freight train so now I need to find street pads!
    Girodisc has the rotors (380x32) and the pads are an AP Racing caliper pad shape.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Girodisc has the rotors (380x32) and the pads are an AP Racing caliper pad shape.
      That's excellent! Don't know if you can recommend some good street pads for the st60 and st40…

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

That's excellent! Don't know if you can recommend some good street pads for the st60 and st40…
        I have the ST40 Trophy calipers (front and rear) on my 1994 NSX and use their Sport pads. P/N 309.06080

I found they have excellent cold bite and wear characteristics. Low dust and nice rotor finish. Cost is around $100 per axle. For street and spirited driving these are all you need. ​

Comment

Originally posted by S54330Ci View Post

I have the ST40 Trophy calipers (front and rear) on my 1994 NSX and use their Sport pads. P/N 309.06080

I found they have excellent cold bite and wear characteristics. Low dust and nice rotor finish. Cost is around $100 per axle. For the street and spirited driving these are all you need. ​
          Those are the ones I was thinking of buying and I thought I saw somewhere they have a brake pad sensor version too. I'll have to dig and find some pads that can accommodate the brake pad wear sensor.

Comment

The ST40 pads (I think that part number above should be 309.06090) should all have wear sensor cutouts because it's technically a Porsche pad shape. The ST60 uses a race pad shape and I would guess none of those pads have a wear sensor cutout.

There are part numbers for PFC Z-rated street pads in both shapes. If they exist, that would be a good bet for a street pad.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
              The ST40 pads (I think that part number above should be 309.06090) should all have wear sensor cutouts because it's technically a Porsche pad shape. The ST60 uses a race pad shape and I would guess none of those pads have a wear sensor cutout.

There are part numbers for PFC Z-rated street pads in both shapes. If they exist, that would be a good bet for a street pad.
              Awesome! Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X