Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Beisan VANOS, What Else Do I Need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

Yeah I did them back in 2016 because that seemed to be the best thing to do at the time. I think next time I'll go back to the S54 ones, there seems to be some evidence out there that response times are adversely affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True, the internet knowledge collective does evolve over time. Even garage Vanos experts, who fix Vanos issues for a living have changed opinions relatively recently too.

I purchased new S54 diaphragm springs when i had my Vanos unit swapped over. I'll take responsiveness over an imperceptible noise level reduction.
    Last edited by ac427; 02-20-2024, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post

True, the internet knowledge collective does evolve over time. Even garage Vanos experts, who fix Vanos issues for a living have changed opinions relatively recently too.

I purchased new S54 diaphragm springs when i had my Vanos unit swapped over. I'll take responsiveness over an imperceptible noise level reduction.
      I wouldn’t mind if there was some real data to back up the S62 springs, perhaps there was on the old forum, but as it stands it seems more like one of those things that everyone does because everyone does it, I will also go back to the S54 part.
      E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
      E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
      E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Did anyone use the VAC Motorsports Vanos Hub upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

I wouldn't mind if there was some real data to back up the S62 springs, perhaps there was on the old forum, but as it stands it seems more like one of those things that everyone does because everyone does it, I will also go back to the S54 part.
          I don't believe there ever was - I researched a lot on the old forum back when I did mine. It was simply recommended by Beisan, but they didn't present any actual evidence to back it up other than saying “the S54 springs weaken over time”. Which look, they may well do, but going forward I'll probably just make them a maintenance item rather than using the S62 ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
          Build Thread:
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Working...
          X