No announcement yet.

Engine noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one I'm talking about is the one on the passenger side of the engine, that uses the 32mm socket to get off.

Comment

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post
      The one I'm talking about is the one on the passenger side of the engine, that uses the 32mm socket to get off.
      There is not much info on the thread pitch for the tensioner. You'll need a thread pitch gauge to check the size before ordering a tap - https://www.acehardware.com/departme...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

Thanks. I will look into that

Comment

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post
          I believe the tap is 22mm and 1.5mm pitch.
          You MUST be very careful, slow , straight when insert and thread the tap into the hole. Your last chance.
          Last edited by sapote; 03-13-2024, 05:37 PM.

Comment

You don’t want to torque the tensioner to spec due to weaken threads. I would use some sealant on both sides of the washer and torque to 18Nm but with the added safety wire on the bolt to prevent backing out.

Comment

Thanks for your help, I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

No offense...but if you cross threaded the chain tensioner might want to find someone to do the thread repair.

Comment

I'd try taking things back apart and running the tap through from the inside of the head. Threads are (presumably) still good there, which will give you a guide so you don't mess them up further. Just don't drop things into the oil pan...
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                    I'd try taking things back apart and running the tap through from the inside of the head. Threads are (presumably) still good there, which will give you a guide so you don't mess them up further. Just don't drop things into the oil pan...
                    Great idea. Lower the chain down, remove the top R guide then push the lower guide away, then this should gives enough space to thread the tap from inside.

Comment

It got crossed threaded, because there were small metal shavings on the thread, i should of check before, I figure it got caught on them , thats what made it hard to turn.

Comment

Here's a 🖼️ of the threads

Comment

What does the head look like?
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Tomorrow I'm going to get a camera in there and check.

Comment

Good luck dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X