No announcement yet.

Sway Bar recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run a stock bar with no rear bar. I am at 52/48 weight distribution, no rear bar helps with putting the power down. With a ZF 4 clutch LSD the rear end is far more controllable. I do want to put in a Hotchkis bar but that would be for weight savings.

I use the Bimmerworld end links. I found the BW hardware to be problematic...possibly a user issue. I've since installed some ends from McMaster Carr which have been trouble free and are much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Ground control tore out of mine
      GroundControl bar tore mine out too. It's now reinforced and we're back to happy life.
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

mrgizmo04
        I'm looking at a re-valve to the dedicated track kit. So going from
        F. 400lb - 700lb
        R. 630lb - 900lb

Comment

bigjae46
          Your LSD is that a drexler?
          I'm looking at getting the OS Giken LSD.
          So far the rear end feels pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch702 View Post
            mrgizmo04
            I'm looking at a re-valve to the dedicated track kit. So going from
            F. 400lb - 700lb
            R. 630lb - 900lb
            Is 900 married or divorced?

What's the reason you are going that high all around? You will be giving up a lot of grip. Are you going full aero? Sounds like you are prob not using slicks, given you are playing with brass bushings.

Need more details on the car to attempt to give a reasonable answer. Ride height, weight, etc. At those rates you might not need a new bar and can remove rear bar like Jae and fine tune over/under behavior via dampers and tire pressures. Once you get mechanical dialed in you can play with aoa on aero if going that direction (although again, doubt given brass bushing "upgrade" with stock brakes).

You'd need a beefy front bar if you were going more flat ride or keeping front rate very low, to balance out roll couple and over bias to get it back to neutral.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch702 View Post
              bigjae46
              Your LSD is that a drexler?
              I'm looking at getting the OS Giken LSD.
              So far the rear end feels pretty good.
              ZF with a 4 clutch conversion.

Comment

I have Hotchkis kit, but one of the rear end links gave up after 2k miles (sure, abusive miles here on MI roads).

Reading yall makes me worried, what's this "tearing" about? Should I be worried?

Comment

Working...
                X