BC Racing or KW coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC Racing or KW coilovers

BC racing coilovers with swift springs or KW V2s?

Mostly road usage with aurocross/track day 1/2 timee a season.

Not a daily 5/6k miles yearly.

Any info helps.

Thanks

I think you will find just about everyone here will a say KWs over BCs, I've got the BC br series that the previous owner installed and love the ride/handling, however its a bit of a moot point because I have never riden in another E46 M3 besides mine.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

What’s your budget?
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I like my BCs, they also come with camber plates which is a nice touch; however, most people on here will tell you that they are garbage and recommend something in the $3-5k range instead.

Comment

I have KW v2s, no complaints. Fairly comfortable setup and good for mild track use as it's on the softer side. I'll be upgrading to ohlins in the near future if you're interested in a used set. Let me know.
          As far as BC's, I have friends with other cars and they recommended fortune auto over BC ( they have had both) and mentioned fortune auto is much better with ride quality.

Comment

Neither.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I would like to keep it under 2k but want a quality setup and well. Not going to spend 5k but something at 3k wont kill me. Just getting opinions.
              what would you buy if you could spend 3k or less.

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                IAs far as BC's, I have friends with other cars and they recommended fortune auto over BC ( they have had both) and mentioned fortune auto is much better with ride quality.
                I'm one of them. Had BC's for approx two years on my DD. I was pretty happy with them overall but the car never felt planted. I ended up switching from BC's to Fortune and the car noticeably better. The spring rates were different so it wasn't exactly an apples to apples comparison.
                TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                Evolve Eventuri
                - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by Mainman857 View Post
                  I would like to keep it under 2k but want a quality setup and well. Not going to spend 5k but something at 3k wont kill me. Just getting opinions.
                  what would you buy if you could spend 3k or less.
                  Get some Dinan springs and Koni yellows. Half of your target budget and a better result than the options you’re considering.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Found the setup your talking about(koni) on the dinan website there alot more then the other sites. Using the partnumber.
                    does dinan change anything in the shock?
                    Also do I need anything else for the installation?

Comment

I would strongly suspect "Dinan" Koni shocks are more or less the same as the Koni yellow shocks you can buy from any retailer.
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I got V3's and im not super siked about them,got a killller deal at the time so couldnt resist. Mybuddy has a set of Ohlins on his e46, those are fantastic!
                        • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                        • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
                        • Supersprint
                        • KW V3
                        • 996 Brembo
                        • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by Mainman857 View Post
                          Found the setup your talking about(koni) on the dinan website there alot more then the other sites. Using the partnumber.
                          does dinan change anything in the shock?
                          Also do I need anything else for the installation?
                          Dinan koni yellows aren't anything fancy. Get generic e46 M3 Koni yellows with Dinan springs.

If you want a fancier Koni yellow, get the TCK rear koni yellow-- it's top adjustable and, unlike the generics, and valved a bit better. But, pricier, like the Dinan Koni (which has no benefit over the generics).

With zero effort shopping around, here's the standard e46 m3 Koni yellow for $848: https://shox.com/shop/bmw/m3-e46-00-...-strutsshocks/

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                            I would strongly suspect "Dinan" Koni shocks are more or less the same as the Koni yellow shocks you can buy from any retailer.
                            Correct-- that was verified a decade(+) ago when someone stuck them on a shock dyno and compared them to a generic Koni yellow for e46 m3-- identical.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Dinan koni yellows aren't anything fancy. Get generic e46 M3 Koni yellows with Dinan springs.

If you want a fancier Koni yellow, get the TCK rear koni yellow-- it's top adjustable and, unlike the generics, and valved a bit better. But, pricier, like the Dinan Koni (which has no benefit over the generics).

With zero effort shopping around, here's the standard e46 m3 Koni yellow for $848: https://shox.com/shop/bmw/m3-e46-00-...-strutsshocks/
                              Here they are for $650: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Koni-Yel...or-E46-M3.html

What about end links using this combo? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm currently trying to learn as much as possible about suspension setups. I'm assuming that because the Dinan springs lower the car then end links are necessary to eliminate sway preload.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X