IND | Rogue Engineering E46 M3 Aluminum Lifting Block Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
    This appears to be only for the Rear. No front use.
    The front jack pads are fine to use with a jack, so no need.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Is the rear jackpoint issue primarily when you try to jack the car up from one of them (meaning ~half the car's weight is on it)? I almost always jack from the rear subframe so both rears come up off the ground equally then use the factory rear jackpoints for my jack stands (so only a ~quarter of the car's weight is on each point).

Comment

I never lift the car by the jack blocks. Rear subframe and front "hockey puck" on the reinforcement plate.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

do you drive up boards or ramps to get enough height for a jack to get to the hockey puck? what's the difference between lifting the car by the jack blocks and resting the car on the jack blocks+jack stands?

Comment

I thought it was ok to quickly lift from one rear point in a pinch for a flat

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post
              do you drive up boards or ramps to get enough height for a jack to get to the hockey puck? what's the difference between lifting the car by the jack blocks and resting the car on the jack blocks+jack stands?
              Yes I put the front up slightly on ramps to get to the hockey puck when I want to put the front on stands.

Comment

do you drive up boards or ramps to get enough height for a jack to get to the hockey puck?
                I use a race jack on the front right or left jack pad to get the tire 1-2” off the ground, then I’ll use a low profile jack to lift from the center puck. Boards or ramps work too.
                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
                  I thought it was ok to quickly lift from one rear point in a pinch for a flat
                  It is. The other E46s come with a factory jack that actually is made just for using any of the four factory jack pad locations.
                  The BMW accessory “Emergency Spacesaver Spare & Jack” kit come with similar jack and same use instructions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0289.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	268234
                  Last edited by old///MFanatic; 06-16-2024, 08:24 AM.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

even if you're using ramps, in the end you're still setting the car down on the pucks, so what would be so bad about lifting the car from the same spot?

Comment

even if you're using ramps, in the end you're still setting the car down on the pucks, so what would be so bad about lifting the car from the same spot?
                      The rear jacking points in the E46 Coupe cannot support the weight of the car when lifted with a jack, the entire metal structure fails and tips inwards. It’s a design flaw, convertibles and sedans in my experience are not affected by this.
                      E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                      E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                      E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

I don't use the rear jack point other than to put the car on stands, but I don't think when using it you're really applying force equivalent to the weight of the car since at least two other wheels are on the ground. More like half the weight.

Comment

we could use something like this for the Z4/Z4M cars. Glad I saw this thread, will have to look around.
                          '07 M Coupe - RAC RG63 - AutoSolutions - Bilstein PSS10/B16 - Arqray

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post
                            The rear jacking points in the E46 Coupe cannot support the weight of the car when lifted with a jack, the entire metal structure fails and tips inwards. It’s a design flaw, convertibles and sedans in my experience are not affected by this.
                            I have never seen this design change. Do you happen to have info/documentation of this being a flawed different design between Coupes and Sedans/Convertibles? The only thing ever seen was it getting rusted out on some extreme cases. And the rears tend to be more prone to extreme rust.
                            And BMW never posted a TSB about this afaik, and jacking flaw knowledge would be a severe safety issue. If it were a rust issue that’s another story. But a major design flaw at jacking points would need a safety bulletin no?
                            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Both of my rear jack pads are bent lol.
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
                                I have never seen this design change. Do you happen to have info/documentation of this being a flawed different design between Coupes and Sedans/Convertibles? The only thing ever seen was it getting rusted out on some extreme cases. And the rears tend to be more prone to extreme rust.
                                And BMW never posted a TSB about this afaik, and jacking flaw knowledge would be a severe safety issue. If it were a rust issue that’s another story. But a major design flaw at jacking points would need a safety bulletin no?
                                BMW TIS only shows jacking up from the front center jack pad and raising the car on a four post lift. I could not find any info on jacking up from one of the side jacking pads.

Comment

Working...
                                X