Traction Control/Yellow Brake Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traction Control/Yellow Brake Light?

Hey guys ! Just was heading out fly fishing in my M3 Wagon (I love that concept in and of itself ) and these lights came up randomly while driving and DSC button won’t do anything. I did have that wired up a year ago (button was non functional) - any ideas ? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1324.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	267692

This is an error code within that system. Unfortunately I'm not too sure what it points to exactly but time to break out the scanner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May not be related to your issue, but I know if you disconnect the steering angle sensor (located down low on the steering column) which disables the DSC, both these lights will be illuminated.
      Last edited by S54330Ci; 06-11-2024, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Hmmm ok - nothing has changed since yesterday and car has not been worked on so. Should find out next week

Comment

Odd but just turned on car and no lights - DSC comes on and off with button as it should. Have to see if it comes back on

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
            Odd but just turned on car and no lights - DSC comes on and off with button as it should. Have to see if it comes back on
            To properly diagnose you'll need to use IPNA. This happened to my car and after dragging out the laptop and reading the codes it turned out I was just low on brake fluid.
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
            Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Ok cool - it’s going in next week for a few other things so I’ll have them diagnose then. Assuming it’s ok to drive ?

Comment

Totally fine to drive, just be cautious since DSC is off for me it ended up being a wheel speed sensor.
                2003 E46 M3 Titanium Silver / Black

Dinan Section 3 - Dual Resonated Sec 1 - Dinan Springs & Bilstein Shocks - GruppeM Intake - Dinan Front & Rear Strut Bars - Hotchkis Front Sway Bar

www.instagram.com/nextlvel

Comment

Originally posted by nextlvel View Post
                  Totally fine to drive, just be cautious since DSC is off for me it ended up being a wheel speed sensor.
                  Yeah I’m planning on taking it to the Poconos Monday and Tuesday and can’t get it in until Wed. Reaaaaaaaallly want to drive it

Comment

Brake pressure sensor caused that issue for me. But diagnostic software can pinpoint the issue
                    2006 M3 ZCP 6spd
                    2008 M3 6spd
                    2012 LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
                    2014 Ferrari 458

Follow me on instagram @ biggreasytaco

Comment

Yep that was it - just ordered 2x to replace both

Comment

When this was happening with me a few months ago, it was my battery/alternator at the very end of its time

Comment

I got the same error when i returned from the shop after replacing my alternator. However i did drive to the shop with a non charging alternator for about 25 min. When i got the car back and drove home with a new alternator i got brake pressure errors, I didn't notice anything with the car just the lights when i got off the highway. I cleared the codes and never seen them comeback. I wonder if as acting up because i drove with low voltage for like 5-10 min.

Comment

I've had this happen sporadically on track. Fault codes (iirc 5e20, 5e21, 5e24) show up as pressure sensors below the brake reservoir. After bleeding brakes and using turkey baster in the bottom of the reservoir to suck up crud, it seems to go away on its own. Def fine to drive.

This go around my lights are staying on more persistently. I drove on track with them on, no problem. However, while dsc light is illuminated on the dash, DSC doesn't actually seem to be disabled because my rear rotors start smoking after a session with this fault, which never happened before.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1515.png
Views:	113
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	270021
                              Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                              I've had this happen sporadically on track. Fault codes (iirc 5e20, 5e21, 5e24) show up as pressure sensors below the brake reservoir. After bleeding brakes and using turkey baster in the bottom of the reservoir to suck up crud, it seems to go away on its own. Def fine to drive.

This go around my lights are staying on more persistently. I drove on track with them on, no problem. However, while dsc light is illuminated on the dash, DSC doesn't actually seem to be disabled because my rear rotors start smoking after a session with this fault, which never happened before.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk
                              Interesting - this is happening on my m3 wagon but my coupe is good lights haven’t come back on after the the 2x pressure sensors were replaced

Comment

Working...
                              X