No announcement yet.

Well, I did and didn't dodge a bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, looks like they put in TPMS sensors. Unfortunately, the E46 cannot communicate with those. One of your previous valve stems could have had a small leak and was triggering the TPMS light. That or there was a leak where the tire seat on the wheel and the remount fixed that.

Comment

i think the shop did not know better and sold you parts your car does not even know about. they just reset the TPMS strategy and charged you a lot for nothing.
      Last edited by maupineda; 07-18-2024, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CybrSlydr View Post
        Ended up getting the eBay used driveshaft with CSB and had it shipped to the indy. Got the car back today. Driveshaft was $300, total bill from the shop was $1416.29.

1x 252.42 for the drive shaft flex joint
        1x 114.55 for the fuel filler door lock actuator (had him do that too, though the magnet is still busted)
        4x 153.00 labor to remove and install drive shaft
        1x 153.00 labor to remove and replace the filler door actuator
        1x 150.00 misc parts

$765.00 labor, $516.97 parts plus taxes

Their rate for imports is $153/hr,

Found the invoice from the fuel pump install, so I figured I'd run that one here since you all said $1200 was too much.

$1300.85 for fuel pump and relay
        3x 153.00 labor for remove/replace fuel pump
        1x 693.68 for fuel pump part
        1x 23.48 for the fuel pump relay
        1x 0.10 remove/replace relay

$459.10 labor, $693.68 parts plus tax.

Also took it to a tire shop to get the TPMS sensors fixed as it's always telling me I have a flat, that was $230 for 4 new sensors and reprogram of the system or whatever.

Have an appointment on Friday to get the brakes looked at and then an appointment at 1pm to have a body shop look at some cosmetic stuff I'd like to get fixed and see how much that's going to hurt.
        This is just sad. You are constantly getting gouged, and like an abused wife you keep coming back for more.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

It's the yellow/red icon on the right side of the dashboard. It was solid red before they did this. As I said, I'd hold the tire pressure button on the dash and the red tire light would go out, but 30 sec or so later, the dash would BEEP and the red tire light would come back on.

Now, I held the button and cleared the red tire light after driving down the interstate and getting off and coming back and the light went off but hasn't come back on.

I don't know what black magic fuckery is going on that whatever they did fixed it, but I don't have a red tire light on my dash anymore.
          If you don't know how to reset the TPMS, just watch the YouTube video I linked or RTFM.....

By not doing so, you have learned an expensive lesson.

Comment

It's the yellow/red icon on the right side of the dashboard. It was solid red before they did this. As I said, I'd hold the tire pressure button on the dash and the red tire light would go out, but 30 sec or so later, the dash would BEEP and the red tire light would come back on.

Now, I held the button and cleared the red tire light after driving down the interstate and getting off and coming back and the light went off but hasn't come back on.

I don't know what black magic fuckery is going on that whatever they did fixed it, but I don't have a red tire light on my dash anymore.
            FYI the correct procedure to reset the Flat Tire Monitor:

1) Check / adjust pressures
            2) Turn on ignition (key position 2)
            3) Long press to get the red light off
            4) Short press to get the yellow light on
            5) Start engine and drive off, light will turn off after some driving
            IG: @limited.slip

2̶0̶0̶2̶ A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ E̶4̶6̶ 3̶2̶5̶i̶ T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ (̶S̶5̶4̶ 6̶M̶T̶)̶
            2003 Imola Red E46 330i ZHP Sedan (S54 6MT)
            2003 Titanium Silver E39 540i M-Sport
            Touring (S62 6MT)
            2009 Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
            2011 Alpine White E82 1M

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
              Yeah, looks like they put in TPMS sensors. Unfortunately, the E46 cannot communicate with those. One of your previous valve stems could have had a small leak and was triggering the TPMS light. That or there was a leak where the tire seat on the wheel and the remount fixed that.
              I've had this recently, a valve stem failure somehow. However deflation on my end was almost immediate within less than 1km I was pulled over on the hwy shoulder with a obvious flat. Saved the tire but was a huge pain when it happened. Never had valve stem failure before.

Ditto on what everyone said. You either had a slow leak that triggered the TPMS light.
              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                I've had this recently, a valve stem failure somehow. However deflation on my end was almost immediate within less than 1km I was pulled over on the hwy shoulder with a obvious flat. Saved the tire but was a huge pain when it happened. Never had valve stem failure before.
                Had a valve stem fail recently as well. Luckily it happened overnight in the garage, but super weird.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I had a valve stem come very slightly loose somehow a few weeks ago. Pretty slow leak. Got about 2km down the road and got the warning light. Needed the smallest of of retightening and holding air again. Have never had that before on any car.

Comment

Working...
                  X