Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a DIY ("DIY: Vanos hub + bolts") originally posted by SYT_Shadow that I saved locally when I did the full Beisan Systems VANOS overhaul a year ago. Besides saving the files from Beisan's site, I also saved SYT_Shadow's from M3Forums. I haven't seen it here unless I'm missing it.

Obioban What's the protocol for getting the DIY's back? I can recreate the DIY myself or send all the HTML and supporting images to a dropbox or wherever. What's the best way?

Also - M3Forums saved my ass a ton of money. Can us members here monetarily support this forum in anyway?
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
      I have a DIY ("DIY: Vanos hub + bolts") originally posted by SYT_Shadow that I saved locally when I did the full Beisan Systems VANOS overhaul a year ago. Besides saving the files from Beisan's site, I also saved SYT_Shadow's from M3Forums. I haven't seen it here unless I'm missing it.

Obioban What's the protocol for getting the DIY's back? I can recreate the DIY myself or send all the HTML and supporting images to a dropbox or wherever. What's the best way?

Also - M3Forums saved my ass a ton of money. Can us members here monetarily support this forum in anyway?
      The best way is to recreate it as a thread on here. Once it's up/complete, I'll add it to the link list. Best to give credit to the OP at the beginning of the thread.

No need for money, all bills are paid up to a long while to come!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Can we add the f8X brake DIY to the brake section?
        Hey everyone! I have been lurking on the M3Forums for years and used countless DIYs to work on my car. I hope that this DIY will be of some value to some people and help the community. Thanks to the NaM3Forum owners and moderators for starting this forum and keeping this community alive! No lie, I felt like an addict that had

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnvu View Post
          Can we add the f8X brake DIY to the brake section?
          Hey everyone! I have been lurking on the M3Forums for years and used countless DIYs to work on my car. I hope that this DIY will be of some value to some people and help the community. Thanks to the NaM3Forum owners and moderators for starting this forum and keeping this community alive! No lie, I felt like an addict that had

Thanks!
          I've never seen anyone do the math on bias/volumes with that swap, and don't really want to mark it as "sanctioned" by listing it here until we do (assuming it checks out).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Nice work Obioban, getting these back up and posted. We appreciate you!

Comment

Obi, please go back and check the links. Several of them go to a thread that has been hacked.
              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                Obi, please go back and check the links. Several of them go to a thread that has been hacked.
                Should be all cleaned up now.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Should be all cleaned up now.
                  Not sure what’s going on, but they are still going to the hacked thread. I’m using Tapatalk and it seems to only be having an issue using the app, not with the browser.
                  2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Not sure what’s going on, but they are still going to the hacked thread. I’m using Tapatalk and it seems to only be having an issue using the app, not with the browser.
                    App has A LOT of issues. Quite frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Does anyone have a DIY for removing the rear subframe?

Comment

Originally posted by dog2bert View Post
                        I’d recommend just going out there and trying it. As you you’ll see what it hanging stuff up. Go slow and nothing will be damaged.

Remove exhaust. Unbolt V- Brace. Unbolt shocks at the bottom. Unbolt entire driveshaft. Disconnect brake calipers. Disconnect brake wear sensor and wheel speed sensors. Disconnect parking brake cables in the interior.

Trans jack underneath. Get some help now if you can.

Unbolt RTAB bolts (3 on each side.) Unbolt subframe (4 bolts). Lower the whole assembly down to the ground slowly.

For anyone with e46 experience it’s a 3 hour process. Not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dog2bert View Post
                          1. Disconnect parking brake (inside car)
                          2. Remove rear wheels
                          3. Remove rear shocks
                          4. Remove v-brace
                          5. Remove section 2 support brackets
                          6. Remove section 2
                          7. Remove driveshaft (diff, csb, and at guibo)
                          8. Pull parking brake cables out from underneath car.
                          9. Disconnect ABS and wear sensors (passenger side) on calipers
                          10. Remove calipers (retainer clip, 7mm bolts).
                          11. Disconnect lower control arm via eccentric bolt at wheel
                          12. Feed caliper between control arm and trailer arm and support with something (this is to avoid disconnecting brake lines)
                          13. Disconnect trailer arm from frame (RTAB housing)
                          14. Disconnect rear light leveling sensor that is connected to upper control arm on passenger side
                          15. Remove subframe cross member bolts
                          16. Remove subframe bushing bolts
                          17. Drop rear end.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Cam replacement DIY? Surprisingly, I'm coming up empty when I search...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael9218 View Post
                              Cam replacement DIY? Surprisingly, I'm coming up empty when I search...
                              Hi Everyone, Having had the misfortune of the head gasket going on my car, and not being able to find a complete guide for doing the job, I thought I’d post a guide as this is becoming quite a common issue with the S54. I trawled youtube, lots of online forums, but all I could find were snippets...

This should be enough to get you to the cams.

Once you're there use this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

Hi Everyone, Having had the misfortune of the head gasket going on my car, and not being able to find a complete guide for doing the job, I thought I’d post a guide as this is becoming quite a common issue with the S54. I trawled youtube, lots of online forums, but all I could find were snippets...

This should be enough to get you to the cams.

Once you're there use this.
                                This is pretty good too

2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X