This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIYs

If you make a DIY thread that it seems like I miss and don't link here, please PM me a link to it!

Coding/Tuning
    Intro to BMW Coding / Diagnosis and setting up Ediabas
    Getting Started with NCS Expert
    How to BDM MSS54/HP with FGtech Galletto 4
    Converting an MSS54/HP into an MSS54HP CSL (H-bridge)
    Flashing your SMG module with CSL Software + CSL Rev Matching and Torque Maps

Engine
    Belts/Pulleys/Tensioners
    Rod bearings
    Thermostat & Water Pump Replacement
    Cooling System Overhaul
    Rod bearing replacement and front suspension refreshment
    Header install
    Extending O2 wiring for Section 1 with Cats
    S54 Vanos info

Transmission
    SMG to 6MT Conversion
    E21 Transmission Mounts
    CPV valve

Differential
    Fluid Swap

Steering
    High Pressure P/S Hose
    Z3 Steering Rack Retrofit

Suspension
    Suspension setup
    Suspension install videos

Chassis & Drivetrain
    Flex Disc (Guibo)
    Alternate Rear Subframe Repair Method
    Subframe Plates
    SLON Workshop front brace

Brakes
    996 Brake conversion

Stereo/ICE
    Stereo Wiring Guide

Other
    Rear Quarter Panel Window Stripping Replacement
    Rear deck rattle fix for early cars (tennis ball mod)
    Replacing E46 Sideview Mirror Glass
    Cheap Rear Quarter Panel Window Stripping Replacement
    Rear Vent Window Bolt Retrieval From B Pillar
    Replace Individual LEDs in Tail Lights
    Side Finisher Rubber Replacement and Rear Side Window Trim Replacement
    CSL Console - routing the side mirror control
    CSL Roof install
    CSL Front Door Airbag Delete
    CSL Airbox and Air Duct install Guide
    CSL interior swap (comprehensive)
    Replace Electrochromic (Auto-Dimming) Mirror Glass

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

reserved

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Have the Valve Adjustment, Inspection I and Inspection II DIYs been recovered?

Comment

Thank you for putting this together in one post! 🏆

Comment

This is an excellent thread, additionally, I think we would benefit from posting multiple sources, ie. original thread and a pdf to 3rd party hosting (dropbox, gdrive, etcc)

Anyway, thanks!
          2002 M3 | 1986 R80 | 2001 EuroVan

Comment

FYI, the link for the Complete E46M3 H&K Upgrade is not working.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Can we recover the SMG Clutch DIY if possible? It's been almost 10 years since I've done it, but it might be that time again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sddynamix View Post
                Can we recover the SMG Clutch DIY if possible? It's been almost 10 years since I've done it, but it might be that time again soon.
                I'm doing this right now. I can take pictures for a DIYer. I would post one but I'm, by no means an expert on this. Clutch is easy, SMG linkage is not. I also had a connector crumble to pieces on me from the back of the trans so that sucks. This is also my first BMW trans drop so I'm not guiding others because I'm learning myself.
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

I'm doing this right now. I can take pictures for a DIYer. I would post one but I'm, by no means an expert on this. Clutch is easy, SMG linkage is not. I also had a connector crumble to pieces on me from the back of the trans so that sucks. This is also my first BMW trans drop so I'm not guiding others because I'm learning myself.
                  That'd be awesome - thats the one thing I didn't get to do when I created the DIY. That linkage was definitely one of the worst parts.

Comment

Originally posted by BottleRocket View Post
                    Have the Valve Adjustment, Inspection I and Inspection II DIYs been recovered?
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ld-m3form-diys

In post #31 I added a bunch of DIYs that I saved from the old forum. Valve adjustment is on there.

Obi, if you want me to to upload on this thread let me know. We should consolidate the information. One one good thing about starting a new forum, we can get rid of all the old mis-information that was lurking around.
                    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Is there a DYI for engine mounts?

Comment

Check Pelican - not too difficult, need to remove airbox and bend heat shield by headers. I remember using every socket extension I had in my box electrical taped together to do it. Drop aluminum reinforcement tray from underneath to access lower bolts. Car on jack stands and then use wood block and jack to support engine. Good luck.
                        '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
                        '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

I think all the DIYs that duracelltu posted in the link above should be added to this sticky that way everything is consolidated in one location

Comment

Originally posted by speedster View Post
                            I think all the DIYs that duracelltu posted in the link above should be added to this sticky that way everything is consolidated in one location
                            After photobucket going down, and then M3 forum going down, I'm limiting DIYs in this thread to things hosted on this forum. That way they will continue to work in perpetuity.

I also think it's far more useful to have DIYs posted as threads than as multiple PDFs in one post, so that people can ask questions/discuss/etc.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

After photobucket going down, and then M3 forum going down, I'm limiting DIYs in this thread to things hosted on this forum. That way they will continue to work in perpetuity.

I also think it's far more useful to have DIYs posted as threads than as multiple PDFs in one post, so that people can ask questions/discuss/etc.
                              Agreed. I wonder if its possible to then post the PDFs as threads on here? I'm just trying to figure out a way to bring as many DIYs as possible from the M3F back on in one location

Comment

Working...
                              X