Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by headlock View Post
    For coding

leave the SMG module in the car when you start. Take a read of the current (SMG) partial tune from the DME as a backup.

You can just flip the bits in the current tune and make a few other small changes and reflash, or you can put a stock manual tune on it. I have a supercharger so i flipped bits and made the other changes and it works fine.

To flip the bit for SMG, go to location 0008 and 4008 and change the values from 40 to 03

These are the other changes you need to make
    DME Variant Parameter Offset Default Corrected
    MSS54 K_SKRAFTS_CONTROL 0x4028 0x01 0x02
    DME Variant Parameter Offset Default Corrected
    MSS54 K_MD_MIN_VERH_KRAFTS 0x67E0 0x80 0xA0
    MSS54 K_S_GANG_LL_ED 0x35DA 0x0032 0xFFFF
    Reflash with BMW Flash
    can anyone help? am i dumb but i cant seem to find these edit after i got my 32kb .bin files from bmwflash on non HP DME.

i tried HXD, ultraedit (trial) and Hexedit but i think im searching the offsets wrong?

for example i was looking at 0x35DA and on my bin files there is no 0x35DA i see 000035D0. appreciate the assistance.

Comment

i think im getting it (i hope) so to enable shift light i have to set it to 01 from 00 on this below right? BTW already coded the cluster, and LCM so $793 is gone, also flashed the DME to manual. pretty much just chasing the finishing touches like cruise control and a few others.

DME Variant​ Parameter​ Location​ Default​ Modified​
      MSS54​ Shift Lights​ 0x1AB3​ 0x00​ 0x0X

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenies.png Views:	0 Size:	7.1 KB ID:	235831

Comment

Yep!

In your picture, rows are split up into 16 bytes (set of two hex characters). Leftmost byte in that row (0xC8) is offset 0x1AB0, second is 0x1AB1, etc.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          Yep!

In your picture, rows are split up into 16 bytes (set of two hex characters). Leftmost byte in that row (0xC8) is offset 0x1AB0, second is 0x1AB1, etc.
          thank you, can the views be modified for easier searching, worse case scenario what will happen if i edit the wrong offset and write in via bmwflash? this is my view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	174
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	235839?

Comment

If you change something that you didn't mean to, the chances are super low that you'll cause a catastrophic issue. The DME will either not work, the car won't run right or the change will be imperceptible. Really depends on what you change. Just triple check
            You can cross reference against the blue "offset" line at the top. Some hex editors also have a "jump to" feature where you can enter the address you want to go to and it'll go there directly for you. Most will also have some sort of info pane where you can see the address of the byte(s) you have highlighted.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

is there a list of the latest manual software for non HP?

ive flashed this 7842971 but it seems like latest is 7842973?

Comment

Working...
              X