No announcement yet.

SMG to 6MT Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having any luck finding the brown clutch switch PN 61319122700?
    I've struck out twice with sellers saying they have the part and even show the brown switch in the pictures but wind up sending the revised black switch PN 35426876898.

If anyone has an extra switch they're willing to sell please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post

Just curious: what was your motivation to swap, how many miles on your car at the time, did you do the work yourself, and what do you calculate to be your all-in cost?
      I like my SMG, but am considering this swap before the SMG system fails.
      Thanks.
      The previous owner did mine, I think it was done at around 106k, I have no idea why he did it. I bought the car with 111k on it. He didn't do it right though, car had a bunch of issues. I fixed all of them. Was a combination of not doing any of the required coding correctly and the absence of the cruise switch/clutch switch. He also had on a shifter I didn't like, but that's more personal preference.

It didn't increase the resale value though, my car had so many problems I was able to buy it very cheap.

If you can change a clutch, you'd have no problem doing the conversation yourself, especially if you use OEM parts. There isn't really anything you need to modify to make it work.
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Anyone know the part number for the plug that connects to the OE illuminated shift knob? My swap isn’t complete without the illumination. :/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/25112282450/

Also, I have an AS 20% SSK installed.. if there is about 0.5” of play in the shifter both in neutral and in gear, is there anything that can be done to tighten it up? Or did the shop that machined the bellhousing screw it up permanently?
        Last edited by SQ13; 02-16-2021, 08:03 PM.
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
          Also, I have an AS 20% SSK installed.. if there is about 0.5” of play in the shifter both in neutral and in gear, is there anything that can be done to tighten it up? Or did the shop that machined the bellhousing screw it up permanently?
          Here's the slop on my car with an AS kit and almost all new detents in the transmission:

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nsmission-slop
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Here's the slop on my car with an AS kit and almost all new detents in the transmission:

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nsmission-slop
            That looks normal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gheorghe View Post
              Anyone having any luck finding the brown clutch switch PN 61319122700?
              I've struck out twice with sellers saying they have the part and even show the brown switch in the pictures but wind up sending the revised black switch PN 35426876898.

If anyone has an extra switch they're willing to sell please PM me.
              Planning on doing the swap and these seem impossible to come across. The link below says in stock. Hope it checks out.

Find Genuine BMW Clutch Pedal Ignition Lock Switch 61319122700 at discount prices in our extensive BMW auto parts catalog. AutohausAZ offers a large selection of Genuine BMW parts online. Fits BMW M3, Z4, M5. 35426876898 61310141210 61316905898 61316905900 61316912566 61319122702 61319231129

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post

You may be right. I took out the SMG ECU (I hadn't taken it out yet) and now the problem has not returned.
                Did this resolve your issue or do we need the brown clutch to make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by M3_ru33er View Post

From what I remember the black clutch switch will work to start the car, however, cruise control will not work without the brown switch.

Comment

I kept getting intermittent no start issues so what I did was code out the clutch to start feature and that resolved that issue. Not the best way to fix the issue but until I'm able to find the proper clutch switch that will have to do.

Comment

So i called my local BMW dealership and they are able to get it from Germany.

Their sales manager had to remove the supercession so they could order the xxxxx700 PN.

Comment

So i called my local BMW dealership and they are able to get it from Germany.

Their sales manager had to remove the supercession so they could order the xxxxx700 PN.

Did you have to provide a vin? If so, I’m guessing your vin didn’t work since it didn’t originally come with the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post

Did you have to provide a vin? If so, I’m guessing your vin didn’t work since it didn’t originally come with the switch.
                          No just the part number.

Comment

I ordered the Euro switch with p/n xxx701. I read somewhere (maybe in this thread or elsewhere online) that this will work for our swap but we won't have cruise control. It is on order for a few weeks so time will tell for me

Comment

Re: the 700 clutch switch.

I just contacted my dealer and there are none in the US and the number cannot be ordered anymore. I then reached out to Schmeidmann and they show that the pn# is on back order with no confirmed eta.

Note: The black 898 will work for starting, you just won't have cruise control if wired like a OE M3.
                              '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                              Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                              Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

can anyone tell me where on this switch I can find the Part#? I see # on a used one I have but when I google, nothing shows up

Comment

Working...
                                X