No announcement yet.

SMG to 6MT Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the 701 euro clutch switch installed in my car without a GPS and wired and coded correctly but cruise control doesn't work. The green light does light up but after that it won't work. The car itself works flawlessly with no stalling issues but no cruise control.

Comment

Originally posted by PipeUy View Post
      I have the 701 euro clutch switch installed in my car without a GPS and wired and coded correctly but cruise control doesn't work. The green light does light up but after that it won't work. The car itself works flawlessly with no stalling issues but no cruise control.
      For what it's worth, I have the 61318363710 cruise/clutch switch wired to DME pin 20 at connector x60002, no clutch start switch, no gps, and my cruise works normally. What coding did you do?

I have a mss54hp dme, and did the following coding:

Assuming you're on the latest software (probably are if it was flashed with a manual tune relatively recently), then 01 to 02 at 0x802a, FFFF at 0x5952, and A0 at 0x88A2.

E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

For what it's worth, I have the 61318363710 cruise/clutch switch wired to DME pin 20 at connector x60002, no clutch start switch, no gps, and my cruise works normally. What coding did you do?

I have a mss54hp dme, and did the following coding:

Assuming you're on the latest software (probably are if it was flashed with a manual tune relatively recently), then 01 to 02 at 0x802a, FFFF at 0x5952, and A0 at 0x88A2.
        You give me hope haha, I changed the vehicle order, coded all relevant modules and used Martyn's tool for that part of the coding. My car is an early one so I have a non hp ecu, whenever I have time I'll go to the car and check the hexs manually to make sure the changes were correct.

Comment

Originally posted by wsybert View Post

I just bought one from eEuroparts. Had to call to make sure, but it got the 61319122700 part. Sales guy had to look it up to make sure it was what was on the shelf.

Anyone need a 35426876898 clutch switch? Make you a hell of a deal!
          so did eEuroparts have the right switch on the shelf? I just made an order with them after ordering what was advertised as the correct 61319122700 part on eBay for too much money, only to get the 35426876898 switch.
          Last edited by M3llowM3; 03-12-2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I‘m pretty sure you can use a non m e46 clutch switch with interlock circuit that goes originally to the ews and use this interlock output to feed +12V clutch signal to ECU. And code out clutch interlock in EWS.
            Sadly in Euro E46s we don‘t have Start interlock..
            …under construction.

Comment

Anyone know how to open these switches up and expose the board? I imagine it would be as simple as moving a bridge to change the output from ground to +12v

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                Anyone know how to open these switches up and expose the board? I imagine it would be as simple as moving a bridge to change the output from ground to +12v
                I think they are pretty well sealed
                '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Well in the absence of the proper switch, I think the only real options are to retrofit the old style switches (+/- start lock delete), use the euro switch and delete the start lock, or do a hybrid setup with the euro switch for cruise and the old switch for start lock. I suppose one could also use the non-M switch for the start lock and the old switch for cruise.

Comment

terra I thought I recalled awhile back you or someone else mentioned coding the DME as if it was a Z3M and then not using a GPS, that would allow the non-m switch to work? Is that a possibility or am I completing off?
                    '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Comment

No, the Z3m coding lets you eliminate the gear recognition sensor and wire the clutch switch directly to the dme. The dme still expects the signal to be pulled high (the non-M pulls it low).

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                        No, the Z3m coding lets you eliminate the gear recognition sensor and wire the clutch switch directly to the dme. The dme still expects the signal to be pulled high (the non-M pulls it low).
                        Ah, copy. dang.

Comment

Just realized I didn't put the car in neutral and the pump is already out. I hope I can get to those driveshaft bolts.🤦‍♂️
                          2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                          2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                          2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Hoping someone can confirm for me whether this will work. But Rather then hooking everything back up. Could I remove the SMG slave cylinder and install the clutch pedal with manual cylinder. Then bleed the system with a power bleeder. Then be able to release the clutch to spin the driveshaft with the clutch pedal?
                            2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                            2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                            2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
                              Hoping someone can confirm for me whether this will work. But Rather then hooking everything back up. Could I remove the SMG slave cylinder and install the clutch pedal with manual cylinder. Then bleed the system with a power bleeder. Then be able to release the clutch to spin the driveshaft with the clutch pedal?
                              Pedal + master + slave? Sure this will release the clutch disk. But if you just want to spin the drive shaft, then disconnect the SMG gear actuator (tail shift rod), then push or pull the tranny shift rod into neutral, and I think this is easier than all the things you proposed. Maybe more work to get near the SMG actuator?

Other option: connect your new master output pipe to the stock SMG slave input port instead. Then use the pedal to disengage the clutch.
                              Last edited by sapote; 04-09-2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Yeah just put something through the hole in the selector rod joint and pull/push it into neutral
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X