• Show
Clear All

Helll yes!!!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 Β· Coupe Β· 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
      I was able to rescue 145,198 threads from the old site. So I have a lot of stuff. I'm working on writing a migration tool to import all that stuff, but it's tricky. Hopefully, I'll have something going here shortly.
      Great! πŸ‘
      2005 E46 ///M3 zcp
      2001 E39 530i wagon

2002 E46 330i sedan (sold) - 1995 E36 328i coupe (sold)

Comment

I was able to rescue 145,198 threads from the old site. So I have a lot of stuff. I'm working on writing a migration tool to import all that stuff, but it's tricky. Hopefully, I'll have something going here shortly.
        Any chance there are some Member Build Journals in there πŸ˜ƒ.

Comment

Well, that's excellent news that a lot of threads were salvaged. Frankly, I'm just happy that Terra, Ian, Liam and others stepped up to fill the void - it is deeply appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Any chance there are some Member Build Journals in there πŸ˜ƒ.
            There is a bunch in there for sure. I'm still unsure how I want to do the mapping of the previous forum username to the current forum username. Not everybody is using the same name/case/spelling/whatever. I may just post all the archive stuff under a single username of "m3f-importer" and then put the original m3f username at the top of each post or something like that and then anybody can continue the thread from there. The mods can always edit the posts if need be on a one-by-one basis.

Originally posted by T-Rex View Post
            Well, that's excellent news that a lot of threads were salvaged. Frankly, I'm just happy that Terra, Ian, Liam and others stepped up to fill the void - it is deeply appreciated!
            E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Nice, thanx for all of the hard work!

Comment

There is a bunch in there for sure. I'm still unsure how I want to do the mapping of the previous forum username to the current forum username. Not everybody is using the same name/case/spelling/whatever. I may just post all the archive stuff under a single username of "m3f-importer" and then put the original m3f username at the top of each post or something like that and then anybody can continue the thread from there. The mods can always edit the posts if need be on a one-by-one basis.

Why not do a case insensitive match on usernames? You can then assume the users are the same person.

If spelling changed, then that's on the user.

Another option is to add an attribute (I assume you can add attributes to vBulletin) to the member profiles where they can drop in their M3F username so your importer can match it.

Comment

I'm just here for the nut hugging

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
                    Another option is to add an attribute (I assume you can add attributes to vBulletin) to the member profiles where they can drop in their M3F username so your importer can match it.
                    I like this idea if it's doable. πŸ‘
                    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                    Slicktop, no iDrive | Γ–hlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Working...
                    X