Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel pump dilemma/replacement options in 2025 (+ FCP Euro rant)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #17
    Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
    What's wrong with a store credit? You own a car right? Things on cars break. If your planning on owning the car for the next year or so, you will need buy parts at some point when something else breaks on your car. You use the credit then, rather than having to spend the money. That credit does not have to be used on a fuel pump, it can be used on any part. You can even use that credit to buy parts for other vehicles.

    I actually thought this thread was going to be that the factory fuel pump was NLA or had gone up to some absurd price.
    Fair enough.
    E46 M3 | G87 M2




    Comment


      #18
      Originally posted by BCEXP View Post
      I never trusted the fuel pumps in these cars after one left me stranded in rush hour traffic.

      I mean, FCP is a for profit organization. Of course you're not getting anything for free.
      I don't expect anything for free. But not being able to simply return a defective fuel pump with 500 miles on it kinda sucks. And then not getting an actual partial refund after I shell out an extra 55% of the original purchase price sucks too. First world problems, I know.

      As suggested above, I'll reach out to them to see if there's anything else they can do.
      E46 M3 | G87 M2




      Comment


        #19
        Making one good unit out of the two you have would be the best way to turn something that would be getting trashed into something useable.

        Seeing as you put 500 miles on the car before the pump failed, how often are you refilling the fuel tank? Presumably, this is pump gas and not ethanol.

        Comment


          #20
          Originally posted by Slideways View Post
          Making one good unit out of the two you have would be the best way to turn something that would be getting trashed into something useable.

          Seeing as you put 500 miles on the car before the pump failed, how often are you refilling the fuel tank? Presumably, this is pump gas and not ethanol.
          Pump gas. Admittedly not often. The car has been doing more sitting than driving, which I understand can play a role in the pump's health (and I'm set to start daily driving the car again). But not enough to warrant/justify such an early death, imo.
          Last edited by Boost; 07-14-2025, 09:54 PM.
          E46 M3 | G87 M2




          Comment


            #21
            Try the Hella pump, it's $120 and good quality. Mines 2 years old now.

            Comment


              #22
              Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post
              Try the Hella pump, it's $120 and good quality. Mines 2 years old now.
              this is seeming more like an interesting option, i have never done my fuel pump but at the cost of the hella i may as well just buy one to have for if mine ever does go out

              Comment


                #23
                Originally posted by Boost View Post

                Pump gas. Admittedly not often. The car has been doing more sitting than driving, which I understand can play a role in the pump's health (and I'm set to start daily driving the car again). But not enough to warrant/justify such an early death, imo.
                I have an BNIB unused Rogue Engineering setup with a Walbro pump if your interested. I haven't installed it due to sheer laziness LMAO.

                Comment


                  #24
                  Originally posted by Boost View Post

                  I don't expect anything for free. But not being able to simply return a defective fuel pump with 500 miles on it kinda sucks. And then not getting an actual partial refund after I shell out an extra 55% of the original purchase price sucks too. First world problems, I know.

                  As suggested above, I'll reach out to them to see if there's anything else they can do.
                  I have admittedly been buying from FCP lately with the replacement policy as the deciding factor for my money. However, hearing this policy of how it actually works in reality is really putting me off. That's incredibly misleading, I agree. I'll shop around more just because of that. Sorry about your fuel pump, that's a bummer.

                  Comment


                    #25
                    Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                    https://www.radiumauto.com/Submersib...bing-P672.aspx

                    You want the 20-0195 3/8in x 12.8in.
                    heinzboehmer Are you sure its 12.8in? I tried to use a string to measure the good hose on the bad pump assembly, and my best guess is approx 9-9.5 inches. Should i go for 8.2" or 12.8"? Would like to not purchase both, if possible.
                    Last edited by Boost; 07-23-2025, 10:56 PM.
                    E46 M3 | G87 M2




                    Comment


                      #26
                      Originally posted by Boost View Post

                      heinzboehmer Are you sure its 12.8in? I tried to use a string to measure the good hose on the bad pump assembly, and my best guess is approx 9-9.5 inches. Should i go for 8.2" or 12.8"? Would like to not purchase both, if possible.
                      That's what I've got installed on my car
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - SSV1 - HJS - Mullet Tune - MK60 Swap - E86 Front Triangulation - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

                      2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

                      Comment


                        #27
                        Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

                        That's what I've got installed on my car
                        Got it, thank you.
                        E46 M3 | G87 M2




                        Comment


                          #28
                          Originally posted by Boost View Post
                          Are you sure its 12.8in?
                          That's what she said 🤣

                          Comment


                            #29
                            Replaced the hose on my older pump assembly with the Radium 3/8 x 12.8. Pump primes and car cranks, but does not start.. Sprayed some starter fluid into the intake and got it running long enough for coolant and oil temp to get to their normal range values, but engine bogs under sharp throttle input and car refuses to start on its own after being turned off. I'm guessing the old pump + aftermarket hose are a compromise pairing and aren't making enough fuel pressure. So back to fuel pump shopping we go.. If anyone has any ideas/input, please do tell.
                            E46 M3 | G87 M2




                            Comment


                              #30
                              You would think that BMW would ensure the production of vital parts like Fuel pumps for all cars LOL. And also the OEM's.

                              What a joke especially the post covid era world.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X