DIY: CSL Trunk Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
    Install the grommets for the trunk roundel and pop in the blind rivets for the plate bracket. I tore one, and am waiting for a replacement to come in. Do not order the OE screws for the plate bracket (51248223104). They are too short. I will have to run to the hardware store to finish off my install with longer bolts.
    How did you get the blind rivets installed? I removed the washer then tried to push them through from the back with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

How did you get the blind rivets installed? I removed the washer then tried to push them through from the back with no luck.
      They just pop in to the two holes from the same side the license plate mounts on (not sure if that's what you mean by the "back"). Takes a bit of finesse as you need to pinch the end a bit. I found it helpful to mount the blind rivet on the end of a dowel, and push them in that way but the blind rivets are also easy to tear.
      '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
      '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
      '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
      '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Great write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May I ask what tabs you dremeled I’m installing mine and cant get the lights to seat properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Yooliseez View Post
            May I ask what tabs you dremeled I’m installing mine and cant get the lights to seat properly.
            I do not remember exactly the spot I had to file down but if you look at lights and how they fit in you should be able to get it figured out. I do remember removing a small portion of the foam rubber weather stripping on the lights and hand filing the light in the same spot so I could them to pop in.
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

For those that installed the "M3 emblem", where did you feel like the emblem should go? I know it's subjective because the csl emblem is longer, but I'm trying to figure out where to tell the paint shop to install it. Included pictures for reference...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Circa Surviven; 08-25-2022, 07:22 AM.
              Garage:
              2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
              1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post
                For those that installed the "M3 emblem", where did you feel like the emblem should go? I know it's subjective because the csl emblem is longer, but I'm trying to figure out where to tell the paint shop to install it. Included pictures for reference...
                A good, balanced spot to place it is lined up with the top left side of the reverse light and the bottom of the BMW badge. It seems like they would have done this from the factory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	csl badge 1.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	181933

Click image for larger version

Name:	csl badge 2.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	181934

Comment

saw this post about badge alignment measurement. FYI

Comment

Reviving this thread. Does anyone have the trunk open indicator light on the cluster after installing their CSL trunk, since there’s no button release under the handle anymore?
                    Last edited by Deen HK; 10-29-2022, 03:31 PM. Reason: Typo
                    11 E90 M3 Alpine White
                    96 FJ80 Black
                    05 E46 M3 Carbon Black: (sold)
                    86 Porsche 944 Turbo Guards Red, 320 whp: (sold)
                    89 E30 Touring Alpine White, S52 swapped: (sold)
                    02 E46 M3 Steel Grey: (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Deen HK View Post
                      Reviving this thread. Does anyone have the trunk open indicator light on the cluster after installing their CSL trunk, since there’s no button release under the handle anymore?
                      I don't have any trunk open indicator light on the cluster.
                      2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
                      2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
                      Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

Sorry for just finding this post but quick question - where did you find the CSL trunk liner. I'm being told the OEKM trunk liner will fit the CSL trunk lid. Not correct?

Comment

Originally posted by mprusin View Post
                          Sorry for just finding this post but quick question - where did you find the CSL trunk liner. I'm being told the OEKM trunk liner will fit the CSL trunk lid. Not correct?
                          What brand is your CSL trunk?

Comment

Reviving again. I just installed my VIS CSL-style trunk and I've got the light on the dash continuously. Deen HK, did you ever figure yours out?

Originally posted by Deen HK View Post

Comment

Working...
                            X