No announcement yet.

Which csl airbox to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Karb race box on order. It might be a while before I receive it but I'll take pictures when it comes in.
    2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
    Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
    Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post
      I have a Karb race box on order. It might be a while before I receive it but I'll take pictures when it comes in.
      When did you order?

I don't believe it has the hole like the "normal" csl airbox
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
        Yet another question about the Karb race variant. Does it have the hole for the lower secondary ducting? Pictures on the Karb site don’t have it, pictures on vendors like ECS do have it. Would love to eliminate that hole and all the factory ducting provisions altogether.

I’ll shoot them an email if no one here knows
        If I am interpreting your question and the pictures correctly - no the race variant does not have that ducting hole. I could have a old or newer version though?

Comment

Thanks all. I also put one on order and shot them an email to confirm re: ducting provisions. The hole I’m talking about is the one shown here in ECS photos (on their listing for the Karb race box). The photos on Karbonius’ site have it omitted. Not that it really seems to matter, I’ve had it open on my standard box for years but nice to just get rid of it and stop thinking about that weird ducting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F558C795-8143-43D7-ACC7-0958CCD7035E.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	179954
          Attached Files

Comment

I bet the stock RSM dust boot would cap it
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
              Thanks all. I also put one on order and shot them an email to confirm re: ducting provisions. The hole I’m talking about is the one shown here in ECS photos (on their listing for the Karb race box). The photos on Karbonius’ site have it omitted. Not that it really seems to matter, I’ve had it open on my standard box for years but nice to just get rid of it and stop thinking about that weird ducting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F558C795-8143-43D7-ACC7-0958CCD7035E.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	179954
              That hole is not present on my race version.

Comment

I went through a couple air boxes (Turner, Haimus (Streamline) agree with the majority, Karbonius is the way to go. The build quality is superior in every way. Also consider coating it with high temp ceramic coating and ppf the authenticity labels for added protection.

Comment

I went through a couple air boxes (Turner, Haimus (Streamline) agree with the majority, Karbonius is the way to go. The build quality is superior in every way. Also consider coating it with high temp ceramic coating and ppf the authenticity labels for added protection.
                  Did you try the latest versions of the Haimus one? Im tossing between that a Karbonius Race. Seems like the Turner requires trimming of the radiator shroud, whilst the other done.

Comment

Originally posted by saad View Post

Did you try the latest versions of the Haimus one? Im tossing between that a Karbonius Race. Seems like the Turner requires trimming of the radiator shroud, whilst the other done.
                    Many of the boxes will rub or come very close to the shroud and you either need to grind it down some or remove that half of the shroud. I removed mine. I put Karb boxes on my last M3 and my current one and both had the shroud rubbing on the edge of the box.
                    2004 Silver Grey - Manual - Slick top - Manual Cloth Seats

Comment

Originally posted by sleeks View Post

Many of the boxes will rub or come very close to the shroud and you either need to grind it down some or remove that half of the shroud. I removed mine. I put Karb boxes on my last M3 and my current one and both had the shroud rubbing on the edge of the box.
                      ah damn didnt want to have to cut anything in case i ever wanna sell the car haha. but thats unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by saad View Post

ah damn didnt want to have to cut anything in case i ever wanna sell the car haha. but thats unlikely.
                        You could probably take a dremel and grind down the edge for clearance....I didn't want to screw around with that, so I just cut it to get around the radiator hose and pulled that side of the shroud out. If it is that important to the next buyer - they can get a shroud from a junkyard or from BMW. My guess is no one will care that much.
                        2004 Silver Grey - Manual - Slick top - Manual Cloth Seats

Comment

Working...
                        X