Best sounding exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tnord View Post
    I seem to remember that the CPIs underperformed expectations power wise on the dyno, but the construction and fit was generally well received.
    Top China.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I seem to remember that the CPIs underperformed expectations power wise on the dyno, but the construction and fit was generally well received.
      They did fit better than my SSv1s. Had to fight with the SSv1s a bit to get them on the studs, the CPIs just slid on.
      2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
      Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Top China.
        all other issues aside, if the customer requests tight tolerances and a quality product, china can produce it.

Comment

all other issues aside, if the customer requests tight tolerances and a quality product, china can produce it.
          They have some top notch slave labor-- unrivaled labor prices in modern times.

... I work for a company that orders many parts from China (happily we're moving off that, finally). Bent and welded metal parts, so pretty relevant. Across suppliers, the experience is consistent-- everything starts out built to spec, and then drifts, when they think you are no longer paying attention. If you're Apple, sending 50 employees per day to/from China for QA, you can stay on top of them. If you're a normal company, far less likely you'll get as consistent of results.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

that's where the comment "all other issues aside" originates from.

not 100% of things that come from China are done using slave labor, horrendous environmental standards, or using stolen IP. but the odds are high enough they are, I understand trying not to purchase anything from china, I do the same.

Comment

Oh damn lol

Comment

that's where the comment "all other issues aside" originates from.

not 100% of things that come from China are done using slave labor, horrendous environmental standards, or using stolen IP. but the odds are high enough they are, I understand trying not to purchase anything from china, I do the same.
                "setting aside the slave labor, genocide, destruction of the environment, aggressive threatening of other nations with nukes, and anti competitive behavior"

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

"setting aside the slave labor, genocide, destruction of the environment, aggressive threatening of other nations with nukes, and anti competitive behavior"
                  in other words, all the same issues there's been with china since day 1.

Comment

in other words, all the same issues there's been with china since day 1.
                    Hey now... threatening to nuke Japan was a new development.

Good times.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

... I work for a company that orders many parts from China (happily we're moving off that, finally). Bent and welded metal parts, so pretty relevant. Across suppliers, the experience is consistent-- everything starts out built to spec, and then drifts, when they think you are no longer paying attention. If you're Apple, sending 50 employees per day to/from China for QA, you can stay on top of them. If you're a normal company, far less likely you'll get as consistent of results.
                      The drifting quality when not being monitored piece of this was WAY more important than the country at issue, IMO. Germany is Germany in this arena because the quality standard isn’t quite so circumspect. My German performance car experience has always raised eyebrows when people chuck a bunch of Chinese and Taiwanese parts at German cars, expecting the car to perform the same. Huh? Who does that?

maw

Comment

I'm so proud of you guys.

I was getting worried when the apologists entered.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Installed Eisenmann Sport yesterday. So far so good- as far as sound the lows are a little lower, and the highs a little higher. There is a little drone over the stock section 3 on the highway at 70 mph, but it's not rude. Mated to headers, catted section one, and resonated X pipe, and Eventuri intake. I think it all sounds just right to my ears now. As it should after the money spent.

Comment

Across suppliers, the experience is consistent-- everything starts out built to spec, and then drifts, when they think you are no longer paying attention.
                            You could also be describing Supersprint here
                            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I should say, he can sell the SS’s, after buying them from his competitor— ECS.
                              True but that makes it sound a bit different than why it is. He’s buying it wholesale from the Supersprint catalog like everyone else’s company price. He’s not really buying per se from ECS as a “competitor”. They as you know are just the NA exclusive distributor. Taking over after Turner acquisition who prior to that took it over from BMP Design.

But I would agree, his margins on his own house brand likely better than when outsourced from a distributor.

Anyway sorry for the tangent.
                              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Doost View Post
                                Installed Eisenmann Sport yesterday. So far so good- as far as sound the lows are a little lower, and the highs a little higher. There is a little drone over the stock section 3 on the highway at 70 mph, but it's not rude. Mated to headers, catted section one, and resonated X pipe, and Eventuri intake. I think it all sounds just right to my ears now. As it should after the money spent.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Supersprintfix5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	131927
                                I concur. Though with a CSL intake it completely overshadows the exhaust sound so it's difficult to make out. But the rasp seems gone to my ears, not really any drone to speak of, and IMO the OEM S54 exhaust doesn't sound nice, now it does, but perhaps not "awesome". It sort of reminds me of the videos I've seen of Supras 2JZ now, which I admit is a weird association to have in a german car, but it's a straight six after all. I would be interested to get someone to do a driveby of my car so I get to listen to it from the outside. (CPI headers, Tegiwa 100 cell cats, Supersprint resonated x-pipe and Eisenmann sport, all stainless steel exhaust).

For me, not being a fan of the rasp, this would be the way to go, and just get a louder backbox for those wanting a louder exhaust, I fear a decat or a non-res section 2 would introduce drone.

Regards
                                Last edited by Mr.wReckless; 10-14-2021, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X