No announcement yet.

Best sounding exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock muffler with Euro tips. Previously had a SCZA and I loved the sound. I sold it since I went the csl intake route and figured intake noise will triumph over any exhaust sound. I also happen to think the Euro double walled tips look the best in my opinion. They look perfect with the csl diffuser.
    Last edited by S54Mickey; 11-16-2022, 06:12 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by S54Mickey View Post
      Stock muffler with Euro tips. Previously had a SCZA and loved the sound. I sold it since I went the csl intake route and figured intake noise will triumph over and exhaust sound. I also happen to think the Euro double walled tips look the best in my opinion. They look perfect with the cal diffuser.
      I’ll play… what do the euro tips add to the sound? Right now I’m considering stock exhaust w/SS Sport, but my reasoning isn’t as clear as I’d like (between Sport, Race, or something else). But I’m clear on the stock exhaust back to the muffler.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I’ll play… what do the euro tips add to the sound? Right now I’m considering stock exhaust w/SS Sport, but my reasoning isn’t as clear as I’d like (between Sport, Race, or something else). But I’m clear on the stock exhaust back to the muffler.

maw
        Euro tips don’t add anything to the sound, it’s purely just for looks. As I mentioned, the csl airbox is all the sound you need. If you want louder, the SCZA is the best sounding in my opinion. I sold it since I went the airbox route and also wasn’t too crazy about the tips. Could never get them to sit perfectly since they are adjustable.

Comment

Not “louder” for me as much as “different” and out the back not under the hood, so I’m different than most here. Thanks for your thoughts.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

Did you have a video of your new setup? I've got the same headers and sec1 arriving in the gb. My section 2 is resonated though. I'm curious how loud your setup will be
            I haven't gotten all the parts yet. The headers just finally showed up today. Placing the order for the section 1 and 2 today or Monday. I'm kind of torn if I should just go non res section 1 and resonated section 2, or just go full resonated section 1 and 2. The resonated section 1 is pretty expensive compared to the non res lol
            2006 Alpine White/Black ZCP 6-Speed

Join the E46 M3 Owners FB Group HERE

Comment

Originally posted by whoissuprme View Post

I haven't gotten all the parts yet. The headers just finally showed up today. Placing the order for the section 1 and 2 today or Monday. I'm kind of torn if I should just go non res section 1 and resonated section 2, or just go full resonated section 1 and 2. The resonated section 1 is pretty expensive compared to the non res lol
              Just do the non res section 1 and you can weld resonators in later if desired and it'll still be cheaper.

I think I actually have a non res section 1 for SS V1 I can sell you really cheap.
              Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 11-18-2022, 02:09 PM.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Agreed. I'd also rather just get the HJS catted sect 1 (which I did do) even with its high price, over the expensive resonated sect 1.

Absolutely get the resonated sect 2 (dual pipe), not non res - I hated that piece of shit.
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Just do the non res section 1 and you can weld resonators in later if desired and it'll still be cheaper.

I think I actually have a non res section 1 for SS V1 I can sell you really cheap.
                  ​The only problem there would be shipping it across the country lol

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  Agreed. I'd also rather just get the HJS catted sect 1 (which I did do) even with its high price, over the expensive resonated sect 1.

Absolutely get the resonated sect 2 (dual pipe), not non res - I hated that piece of shit.
                  Ok well that settles that lmao!
                  2006 Alpine White/Black ZCP 6-Speed

Join the E46 M3 Owners FB Group HERE

Comment

I do like the sound of the Castro Motorsport exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by ViN View Post
                      I do like the sound of the Castro Motorsport exhaust.
                      https://youtu.be/9iab127OBGQ
                      That does sound pretty gnarly. I can't find anything about where to purchase one. Are they still in business?

Comment

Anyone else have experience with the valvetronic exhaust? I wake up pretty early and like the idea of not waking up the neighbors but still being able to enjoy the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Enfield View Post
                          Anyone else have experience with the valvetronic exhaust? I wake up pretty early and like the idea of not waking up the neighbors but still being able to enjoy the sound.
                          Since adding the cats to section 1 it tamed it quite a bit...still kind of boomy in low rpms but its not annoyingly loud at all. Im adding an ss single pipe resonated section 2 so that should calm it down even more with valves closed, but as is its not super loud on cold starts.

Comment

maw
                            I was determined to fix the rasp/sound problem, as I loved the car but to me the sound was not tolerable. I went with the CPI RTX, SS single resonated, and SS sport. I picked the sport because I did want a little more volume and aggressive sound, but I do a fair amount of highway driving and wanted nothing to do with the SS race.

the rasp is definitely gone, there is a slight drone around 2700rpm, but I've done multiple 3hr trips in the car and don't regret any of my choices. I'm content with it enough that I'm hesitant to get headers and switch sect 1 to catted for fear of messing up the sound.

Comment

Yeah this is me... I'm not looking for an incremental horse or 2 of power... nor am I chasing more induction sound... and with top down damned near 100% of the time I don't care about drone... I'll take more sound out the back and I think the rasp is this car's signature so I'm not interested in deleting it. Hence only a lighter back box is really in play for me. Cams if I ever have to open the engine (I'm really trying to figure out if the ECU can natively adjust).

maw

Comment

Yeah this is me... I'm not looking for an incremental horse or 2 of power... nor am I chasing more induction sound... and with top down damned near 100% of the time I don't care about drone... I'll take more sound out the back and I think the rasp is this car's signature so I'm not interested in deleting it. Hence only a lighter back box is really in play for me. Cams if I ever have to open the engine (I'm really trying to figure out if the ECU can natively adjust).

maw
                                The ECU can definitely not adjust natively for cams as I believe the VANOS settings need to be tweaked amongst other things.
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X