Delamination of fabric on A pillar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OEMaddict View Post
    This happened to me a few years ago, I just ripped it off (along with C pillars) and it's still a black fabric-like appearance, looks just as good TBH.
    I did the same and it actually looks better. A sort of suede like material look.

Comment

Originally posted by ViN View Post

I did the same and it actually looks better. A sort of suede like material look.
      Pics?
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Pics?
        Just a bit of forewarning, make sure your pillars are really bad before doing this. When I redid my pillars in alcantara, if the glue hasn't fully delaminated then it pulls up the fuzzy base material and makes it look like crap. And some glue residue might remain

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post

Just a bit of forewarning, make sure your pillars are really bad before doing this. When I redid my pillars in alcantara, if the glue hasn't fully delaminated then it pulls up the fuzzy base material and makes it look like crap. And some glue residue might remain
          Good to know, but I'm just curious. My pillars look fine.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Replaced my A and C pillars after trying to use adhesive to fix it.
            E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Just replaced all of mine. And while you are at it, the headliner is about to sag. You need to take pillar covers off to get the headliner out. So, when you take the pillars off get the headliner redone. Local shop did mine for $300.

Comment

Just touched up my passenger side a-pillar. Came out great.
                Thing is BMW glues are notoriously bad becuz of environmental laws. Even when new you have to twist and contort pillars into place. This pulls the material and weakens the adhesion. So that’s partially why even new ones peel soon.
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by cozmo kraemer View Post

Does that include the screw cover panel? I noticed those are sold seperately now. I have replaced mine twice in my ownership over 11 years, this would be the third time, or 4th set!! I am just living with the black backing after ripping the fabric off. I have replaced every one of the pillar covers at some point. All of them are peeling again. You'd really think BMW could do better. Spending ~$600 to redo them all again is not in the cards.
                  FCP Euro is more expensive, but will probably order new through them and replace in the future for free per their lifetime replacement warranty.

Comment

Working...
                  X