Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

I have the correct mounts. R9222 and R9223. Adding shims between the seat and the bracket would only make the problem worse since that would push the sliders even further apart. The dimensions of the brackets are just not quite right. I was going to have a look and see if I could slot the bolt hole out a bit more on the mill so that the bracket can sit further outboard on the slider but that's only possible on one side since the other side mounts to the stud on the slider.

I bought these brackets when they were like $150 each and at that price they do not feel worth it and now they are almost $250 each, I would definitely not be paying that for them.
    For Nogaros? Why not 9224?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

For Nogaros? Why not 9224?
      No, in post 342 he is talking about PP ABE with BK mounts.

Everyone is having problems with BK overpriced chunks o'metal .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

I have the correct mounts. R9222 and R9223.
        R2222 is not correct. It is for the FIA Pole Positions, not the ABE version
        What you need is the R9220. With the R9220, the holes will line up when shimmed correctly.
        I'm speaking from experience, having used both (and why I have a set of the R9222 for sale).

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

R2222 is not correct. It is for the FIA Pole Positions, not the ABE version
          What you need is the R9220. With the R9220, the holes will line up when shimmed correctly.
          I'm speaking from experience, having used both (and why I have a set of the R9222 for sale).
          Hm you might be right... The wider mounts would fix the problem. ABE mounting points are 430mm wide so the upper limit of the R9222 which I had assumed meant the R9222 was designed around the ABE and could be shimmed down for smaller seats. And they do technically fit but not well.

Regardless I'm not about to buy another set of BK brackets, the quality is pretty meh. I might order a set of the German ones and see what they are like in comparison (not to mention cheaper).

Comment

CAD your own brackets! You can start with mine, the spacing of the factory mounting studs on the rails is correct.. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c4...d0507e4eaa81d3
            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Does anybody happen to have a spare set of the black spacers for the outboard rail that goes between the rail/bracket?

My kit didn't come with them, have emailed and will call ECS about this as I can't proceed without them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230116_231613_Chrome.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	200983
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                Does anybody happen to have a spare set of the black spacers for the outboard rail that goes between the rail/bracket?

My kit didn't come with them, have emailed and will call ECS about this as I can't proceed without them.

Can't really help you but I can say that the brackets I got also did not include the spacers. I did the substrap bar so the missing pieces didn't affect my install, but honestly kinda ridiculous that they were missing in the first place.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Can't really help you but I can say that the brackets I got also did not include the spacers. I did the substrap bar so the missing pieces didn't affect my install, but honestly kinda ridiculous that they were missing in the first place.
                  Yeah, the BK stuff worked alright on the GT3 Nogaro installation, but I'm already running into multiple issues on the M3, one being the inboard rail bracket isn't standing up straight, it's at a decent angle.

Looks like the reason is it's touching the slider "spring/detent box", I will likely have to clearance this somehow.

Name:	20230117_011539.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	200989 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230117_011624.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	200988

Instagram

Comment

Man, seems like quality has gotten worse. Sad.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I have these with my kit. I'll try to get over to the car and measure them this week. I want to say they are about 1/4" thick, maybe 3/8". Probably closer to 0.25".

You could get some spacers from a hardware store and roll with them temporarily. It's literally just a painted/powder coated chunk of flat steel - they aren't tapered or otherwise special in any way.
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

I have these with my kit. I'll try to get over to the car and measure them this week. I want to say they are about 1/4" thick, maybe 3/8". Probably closer to 0.25".

You could get some spacers from a hardware store and roll with them temporarily. It's literally just a painted/powder coated chunk of flat steel - they aren't tapered or otherwise special in any way.
                        Thanks, may do washers to mock it up, inboard the brackets being at an angle really isn't great, shouldn't have to grind material from the rails and/or brackets to make that work.

Calling BK today in regards to all of this.

Instagram

Comment

Thanks, may do washers to mock it up, inboard the brackets being at an angle really isn't great, shouldn't have to grind material from the rails and/or brackets to make that work.

Calling BK today in regards to all of this.
                          If you put a 1/4" spacer there, even just to mock it up, would the BK mount interfere with that spring detent box? I'm using power sliders but they interfered with the outboard seat rails without that spacer. Or was it inboard? Regardless, there was interference without the spacer.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

If you put a 1/4" spacer there, even just to mock it up, would the BK mount interfere with that spring detent box? I'm using power sliders but they interfered with the outboard seat rails without that spacer. Or was it inboard? Regardless, there was interference without the spacer.
                            Where was your interference at with the power sliders?

Yea, it still would interfere, the bracket at an angle is the inboard side so it doesn't require the spacer according to the instructions.

Half tempted to try and see how they fit on my factory power sliders, but I went to a lot of work to get/clean/paint these manual sliders, I just hope they can send me something that works.

Don't want to have to modify the bracket or the rails either, shouldn't have to, feels like I bought a chinese ebay kit which is an unfortunate thing to say about BK stuff.

Instagram

Comment

Where was your interference at with the power sliders?

Yea, it still would interfere, the bracket at an angle is the inboard side so it doesn't require the spacer according to the instructions.

Half tempted to try and see how they fit on my factory power sliders, but I went to a lot of work to get/clean/paint these manual sliders, I just hope they can send me something that works.

Don't want to have to modify the bracket or the rails either, shouldn't have to, feels like I bought a chinese ebay kit which is an unfortunate thing to say about BK stuff.
                              Pics below, not great but it interferes with the crossover bracket that holds the "driveshaft" for the gears on the non motor side seat rail.

The spacer is in the 2nd pic. Spacer is at the front of the seat rails (closer to the front of the car).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230117_125803.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.7 KB ID:	201057
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2023-01-17-12-53-15-03_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.2 KB ID:	201056

Comment

I am also having some pretty bad fitment issues on manual sliders, I had to cut away part of the slider to even get the bracket on the inboard rail.

Once installed I can get the front studs through the slider holes but the rears are way off, the distance between the mounting points on the rear is 1/2" wider than the fronts, same issue as mrgizmo04is having.

I can persuade the bolts into place but it's seems like way to much force/tension to have just built up on the seats all the time, don't want to crack them etc.

I ordered some E30 switchs, going to try the power sliders to see if fitment is any better..what a bummer.

Name:	20230118_012112.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	201147

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230117_230908.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	201146 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230117_223753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	201145

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X