Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

The sliders I sourced looked brand new, so I didn’t add any grease.

I’d go in this order:
    tighten sliders to floor
    tighten side mounts to seat.
    sit in seat. Slide back and forth 10-20 times, full range of travel
    tighten side mounts to sliders.
    Oooh interesting. Side mounts to sliders I always bolt down outside the car. I’ll loosen them a bit when I try again. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Any particular grease you used on the rails like Cubieman? Do you tighten the outside seat bolts last after torqueing down the chassis bolts?
      I used this grease:

And yeah I tightened the rails>floor and then the BK mounts>seat.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Figured out one major problem that was resulting in a good amount of the “stickiness” — the sub strap bar rubs pretty heavily on the carpet where the chassis bumps out toward the front third of seat travel. It feels a good bit better now after removing the bar and reinstalling the seat with loose fasteners as suggested.

I think I’ll go for a QFP setup for this car instead of all the BK harness mounting stuff — removed the rear mounts today as well and installed a fresh rear deck.

Comment

Figured out one major problem that was resulting in a good amount of the “stickiness” — the sub strap bar rubs pretty heavily on the carpet where the chassis bumps out toward the front third of seat travel. It feels a good bit better now after removing the bar and reinstalling the seat with loose fasteners as suggested.

I think I’ll go for a QFP setup for this car instead of all the BK harness mounting stuff — removed the rear mounts today as well and installed a fresh rear deck.
          To be honest, even with the QFP, it'd be nice to have the substrap just to hold the buckle down. It's one of the allures of the Nogaro to me: a QFP user with stock seats

Comment

Has your carpet ever been out? I wonder if it’s not seated fully— my BK sub strap has no friction with the carpet.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Has your carpet ever been out? I wonder if it’s not seated fully— my BK sub strap has no friction with the carpet.
              I did have it out last year when I removed my nav wiring harness. It seemed seated to me and certainly looks like it’s back in place, but I have the passenger seat out right now and can easily check that side at least next time I work on the car. How much clearance do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post

To be honest, even with the QFP, it'd be nice to have the substrap just to hold the buckle down. It's one of the allures of the Nogaro to me: a QFP user with stock seats
                I haven’t used one yet, so far just the three point on track. Maybe the sub strap will go back in if it helps.

Comment

I haven’t used one yet, so far just the three point on track. Maybe the sub strap will go back in if it helps.
                  I would keep the substrap. Without it, my quick fit feels like it rides up way too much. Ends up in a spot where it would just crush organs in a crash.

Granted, I'm a skinny dude, but still a significant safety upgrade regardless of body type.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I did have it out last year when I removed my nav wiring harness. It seemed seated to me and certainly looks like it’s back in place, but I have the passenger seat out right now and can easily check that side at least next time I work on the car. How much clearance do you have?
                    I’ll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Do the R-9225 Driver and Passenger Side Clip In Lap Belt Mounts only work with non M3 sliders? Would the door side mount, mount where the OE rail is if using M3 sliders? Also for the mount that would go near the transmission tunnel does anyone have a pick of that mounted?​

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                        Do the R-9225 Driver and Passenger Side Clip In Lap Belt Mounts only work with non M3 sliders? Would the door side mount, mount where the OE rail is if using M3 sliders? Also for the mount that would go near the transmission tunnel does anyone have a pick of that mounted?​
                        I use the BK 9225 on M3 power sliders. I mentioned some challenges in the 2023 install update topic I started
                        Attached Files

Comment

Might be more of hassle than it's worth but has anyone used a seat to floor mount? Skipping the factory sliders. It's only ever going to be me driving and I do not use the backseat for anything. A set it and forget it might be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post
                            Might be more of hassle than it's worth but has anyone used a seat to floor mount? Skipping the factory sliders. It's only ever going to be me driving and I do not use the backseat for anything. A set it and forget it might be useful.
                            That’s probably less hassle 😜

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

That’s probably less hassle 😜
                              Seeing the BK issues worries me some. No one has installed them in the last 6 months though so I do not know if the QC has improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post

Seeing the BK issues worries me some. No one has installed them in the last 6 months though so I do not know if the QC has improved.
                                What issues with QC are seeing?

Comment

Working...
                                X