Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ubaderb View Post

Seeing the BK issues worries me some. No one has installed them in the last 6 months though so I do not know if the QC has improved.
    I have installed BK products in the last six months.

My goal with this post is to focus in on information and special considerations for installing the Cobra Nogaro seats using the Brey Krause side mounts (R9224), sub strap mounts (PN R-9228 and R-9229), and clip in mount for lap belts (BR9225). Overall I’m stoked to have the seats in, and appreciate all of the knowledge captured

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
      Looking at your setup. You’ll need to connect the red/brown power terminal back to the main yellow connector. The connector circled in yellow looks like the wiring for the motor that i used. You can find the corresponding colors from my wiring. Only the two thick wires from the motor are used. The other two thinner yellow wires are for memory settings.

Your switch harness seems to have 5 wires. But the two brown look like ground. I would use the thickness of the wires to determine which ones to connect to the motor. I recall them being different thicknesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have this exact same set up as DvSkD4 and just tried to wiring it up.

My seat harness only has one thick ground wire while the E30 switch pigtail has two- just like in DvSkD4 picture. I connected the motor wires (2), power, and one ground (all my seat harness has) from the seat harness to the E30 switch. As suspected the seat only moves in one direction which would mean one ground is disconnected (the one I didn’t plug to the switch). But again, my seat harness only has one thick ground. Am I missing something? Could ground be another thick wire from the harness? Hope that makes sense lol

Comment

Originally posted by nachizl8 View Post

I have this exact same set up as DvSkD4 and just tried to wiring it up.

My seat harness only has one thick ground wire…could ground be another thick wire from the harness? Hope that makes sense lol
        Splice it with something like this
        Last edited by OldRanger; 12-09-2023, 04:36 AM. Reason: Format mistake

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post

Splice it with something like this
          Thanks man, I was overthinking it. This worked perfectly well, loving the seats. Can’t wait to get some real seat time 😁

Comment

Obioban

Sir I just found your post on google about the cobra seats. Can you say these were the lowest seats you tried compared to pole position? I am tall and tired of my head hitting the headliner! Amazing looking car by the way..

thank you.​

Comment

Originally posted by 1284712 View Post
              Obioban

Sir I just found your post on google about the cobra seats. Can you say these were the lowest seats you tried compared to pole position? I am tall and tired of my head hitting the headliner! Amazing looking car by the way..

thank you.​
              Seat height, for fixed back seats, generally depends more on the mounts than the seats.

If you really want to go as low as possible, the BK mounts that don't use sliders (direct to floor) are going to be your best bet. A good friend of mine is 7'1, and they allow him to sit upright in the car with a helmet.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
              X