Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I suspect too big.
    Looks like my Evo II was the same width at 330 mm, but I didn’t really sit in it much bc it was my passenger seat. I have a feeling I’d slide around a lot if the cushions are leather.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
      Christmas came early today!

Missing some pics?
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Missing some pics?
        Oh super weird. I posted that yesterday from my phone and when viewing this thread from my phone, I see the pic. But when viewed from my desktop web browser, I do not see it.

Here is what I tried to post, albeit with the images cut down in size a bit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221223_124059.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	197389

Name:	IMG_20221223_124111.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	197390

Name:	IMG_20221223_124050.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	197391
        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Looks like my Evo II was the same width at 330 mm, but I didn’t really sit in it much bc it was my passenger seat. I have a feeling I’d slide around a lot if the cushions are leather.
          The bottom of my seats have a sticker with serial number, build date, etc. One of the attributes is width, which is circled as "Std" on mine. It might be worth inquiring with Cobra to see if they make the Nogaro in different widths. I suspect this is a common label they use across all seats models (some of which come in different widths), but it's possible they make a more narrow shell.

It could be a witch hunt of an exercise... but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Name:	IMG_20221223_124114.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	197393

Comment

Oh man those look awesome. Mine are stuck in customs

Did you weigh them?
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
              Oh man those look awesome. Mine are stuck in customs

Did you weigh them?
              No we have family in town so this is far as I got before getting yelled at to quit playing with the shiny new object. 🤣

Will do though.

Comment

Nice!
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Mesa man that car, garage, and now those seats. Very nice!

Comment

Oh super weird. I posted that yesterday from my phone and when viewing this thread from my phone, I see the pic. But when viewed from my desktop web browser, I do not see it.

Name:	IMG_20221223_124111.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	197390

Name:	IMG_20221223_124050.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	197391
                    Beautiful

Comment

I’m jealous.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Thanks guys. The only thing I had to do with these seats is exchanging enough coin to give me buyers regret! 😶 It's quite a leap above the GRP seats for only 22 lbs weight saving total, so maybe question my sanity some.

Also - while going to dig up the actual weight savings stats I just quoted, I just found this. The bold text below feels like it's new copy on this link, though I may have missed it before (I doubt it):

Two shell options are available to suit all tastes, pockets and weight-saving requirements. Choices range from the standard GRP lightweight option, to the beautiful wet lay Carbon Shell. The Wet Lay Carbon version is not fully made of carbon, and weights 17LBS. The standard GRP version weighs 19LBS. There is a Full Carbon Nogaro available, however the price is significantly higher and it's not available online. No matter what OEM seat you are running, these will save an incredible amount of weight over the factory seats.
                        From Driftworks' site:

https://www.driftworks.com/cobra-nog...port-seat.html

GRP (10.2kg) or ultra lightweight carbon (5.3kg) shell material options
                        10.2 kg / 22.5 lbs vs. 5.3 kg / 11.7 lbs is where I got my 22 pounds savings.

However, if the version I got is this news-to-me 17lbs wet-overlay carbon version and not the ultralight weight 5.3kg/11.7 lbs version... not gonna be happy. I won't get a chance to weigh these for a couple of days (because Christmas!!). The total box weighed in at 40-some lbs so my fear is I spent a LOT more for a 2 lbs weight savings per seat. There was not 20 lbs of packing materials. Also looking at that sticker above, I'm pretty sure that sticker says "GRP" for the construction.
                        Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 12-26-2022, 02:23 PM. Reason: Correction. Mislabelled the 11.7 lbs as "11.7 kg"

Comment

I noticed that it said GRP, but assumed it was an error by whoever wrote the tag on the assembly line.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

However, if the version I got is this news-to-me 17lbs wet-overlay carbon version and not the ultralight weight 5.3kg/11.7 lbs version... not gonna be happy.
                            Oof yeah that wouldn't be great. Let us know how much they end up weighing.

Comment

Same wheels, same tires, same seats (well almost, I’ve got FRP). Great choices

First time using the seat on track last weekend (COTA)— surprised to notice the slightest of movement around the hips but I suppose in part that’s the difference between a full racing seat and something I’d want to drive in every day (also I’m tall at 6’5” but pretty slim at the waist). Needless to say, I love this seat

Comment

Originally posted by BTB View Post

Same wheels, same tires, same seats (well almost, I’ve got FRP). Great choices

First time using the seat on track last weekend (COTA)— surprised to notice the slightest of movement around the hips but I suppose in part that’s the difference between a full racing seat and something I’d want to drive in every day (also I’m tall at 6’5” but pretty slim at the waist). Needless to say, I love this seat

NAM3F COTA track day when? 🤔🤔
                                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X