Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

Splicing a couple wires is (personal judgement) about 100 times simpler than stitching in elements (and I’d argue safer). With the orderable e39 elements, you don’t get hip or waist heating like with the e46 seats, but it’s about the simplest integration you can make. But the hip and waist heat hug is nice..
    So I just ordered part number 3 realoem (-902/-903) crossing my fingers these are something I can use, $60 shipped for both complete harnesses.

I've also got this stuff to play with as you do. Hope I'm done save the actual seat heats and figuring out what to splice. Should make more sense once the seats are out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221220-195509_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	196980 Click image for larger version  Name:	20221220_195852.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	196981
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Hey Cubieman what is the 2nd pic of the wiring harness that looks like it's from a donor car?

When I bought my seat bases, I got everything, including that wiring in the 2nd pic. Is that your wiring you already have or is that just a reference pic?

I'm asking because I'm trying to see what else I might be missing that I don't have yet should I decide to do heated seats (and converting anything else I need to - seat belt receiver/pretensioners, etc.). As far as I can tell, I should have everything but I might not see the trees through the forest yet... or however that saying goes.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
        Hey Cubieman what is the 2nd pic of the wiring harness that looks like it's from a donor car?

When I bought my seat bases, I got everything, including that wiring in the 2nd pic. Is that your wiring you already have or is that just a reference pic?

I'm asking because I'm trying to see what else I might be missing that I don't have yet should I decide to do heated seats (and converting anything else I need to - seat belt receiver/pretensioners, etc.). As far as I can tell, I should have everything but I might not see the trees through the forest yet... or however that saying goes.
        So that particular set of connectors/pigtails (the large ones) come up from under the carpet and then connect to the seat. The two smaller connectors connect to the back of the switch console.

The only reason I have that stuff it is a while back I put halos in my car and added a kill switch to the console (like the one you are switching out) and bought a replacement (heated) console from MpartsWW so I could always make it stock again, they also sent those pigtails. They sold it as a heated seat retrofit kit on ebay.

You should not need those pigtails for the install, however it looks like Bry5on is using them for more easily identifying what wires do what in the main seating harness, I may be wrong.

I do believe all you need is the main harness for the seat thinned down so it only does what you need, in out case, seat belts and seat heats. From there you either can build some extra wiring bits so for example an e39 seat heat plugs in or simply splice right in.

Hopefully you got more lucky with the seats you bought and they are heated so you can use that harness or even the heaters. My "seat guy" claimed they were heated so I was all excited to get the rails/harness/seat heats. As it turns out im just working away at some rusty ass seat rails so I can paint them up.

Instagram

Comment

Got it, makes sense now. My seats arrive tomorrow, so will tackle this next week most likely.

Thanks much Cubie!

Comment

Anyone have seat time in both Negaros and Recaro Profi SPG XL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post
              Anyone have seat time in both Negaros and Recaro Profi SPG XL?

I had the SPG XL in the M3 wagon at the same time as the Nogaros in my M3 coupe for a while.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I had the SPG XL in the M3 wagon at the same time as the Nogaros in my M3 coupe for a while.
                Noticeable differences? Comfort / fit wise? I see the dimensions but interested in how that translates.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post

Noticeable differences? Comfort / fit wise? I see the dimensions but interested in how that translates.

The spg is not a street friendly seat. Doesn’t work well with with a 3 point, pita to get into/out of.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

The spg is not a street friendly seat. Doesn’t work well with with a 3 point, pita to get into/out of.
                    Was afraid of that being the case and Negaros possiblely being too small

Comment

Christmas came early today!

Comment

+1 to this. I developed left knee pain in my old Z3 coupe daily that had an SPG XL due to the contortion to get my leg out of the car. For me, the fit of the SPG XL and nogaro seem similar, with the nogaro of course being less supportive. I’m 6’3, 200lb, 34/35 waist and I would rank, for slightly bigger people (added the sportster as it’s a good cross shopper here and I was surprised that it felt more supportive for me),
                        Supportiveness:
                        1) SPGXL
                        2) recaro sportster cs
                        3) nogaro

ease/comfort of getting in/out:
                        1) nogaro
                        2) sportster cs
                        3) SPG XL

harness compatibility:
                        1) SPG XL
                        1) nogaro
                        0) sportster cs

not getting stabbed in the back by your 3-point:
                        1) nogaro
                        1) sportster cs
                        3) SPG XL
                        Last edited by Bry5on; 12-23-2022, 09:28 AM.
                        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

+1 to this. I developed left knee pain in my old Z3 coupe daily that had an SPG XL due to the contortion to get my leg out of the car. For me, the fit of the SPG XL and nogaro seem similar, with the nogaro of course being less supportive. I’m 6’3, 200lb, 34/35 waist and I would rank, for slightly bigger people (added the sportster as it’s a good cross shopper here and I was surprised that it felt more supportive for me),
                          Supportiveness:
                          1) SPGXL
                          2) recaro sportster cs
                          3) nogaro

ease/comfort of getting in/out:
                          1) nogaro
                          2) sportster cs
                          3) SPG XL

harness compatibility:
                          1) SPG XL
                          1) nogaro
                          0) sportster cs

not getting stabbed in the back by your 3-point:
                          1) nogaro
                          1) sportster cs
                          3) SPG XL
                          Great info thanks! I'm slightly larger at close to 6'6" 235lb and 36 inch waste. I do fit comfortably into more cars than ppl think I would as I don't have super long legs.

Comment

FWIW it would appear I ordered the wrong harnesses (-902/-903). Should have done more research.

The yellow connectors are what come up out of the carpet and connect into the seat wiring harnesses and are a completely different connector from what I just bought, thankfully I didn't spend that much as it would appear these are worthless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221223_144848.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	197332

Instagram

Comment

How are the nogaros for a short king (5’7), 160 lbs, 31ish waist? 😅 Coming from a Sparco Circuit which hugged my body.
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                                How are the nogaros for a short king (5’7), 160 lbs, 31ish waist? 😅 Coming from a Sparco Circuit which hugged my body.
                                I suspect too big.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X