Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Those bottom inserts not lining up would bug me to no end.
    I looked at the oem ones they dont line up either, honestly never even thought about it until you guys mentioned it lol.
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post

I looked at the oem ones they dont line up either, honestly never even thought about it until you guys mentioned it lol.
      They 100% do. I have never seen an OEM set of seats that don't line up. Sometimes there is slight offset on the rear seats between the upright and base section just because of the way the back seat is constructed but its normally not more than an inch out. Surprised your upholsterer didn't line them up by default, that's normally a given when working with a tartan style pattern like mtex. Most important thing is that you're happy with them though but that's the kind of thing the upholsterer should have known to get right and you could probably get fixed for free if you have material left. The OEM seats are trimmed such that they line up when the thigh support is fully extended but it's easiest to see with the spacing of the red lines.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34121.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.7 KB ID:	163887 Click image for larger version  Name:	mtex2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.8 KB ID:	163888
      Last edited by Thoglan; 04-19-2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Where can one order the "thin bum cushion"?

Comment

Obioban and anyone else who have installed seats with the B-K brackets- can you explain how exactly the stock seat belt receptacle attaches? I'm guessing that it is part of the stock sliders, so has nothing to do with the brackets, but I just need confimation, as I haven't taken the seats out of my car yet.

Also, has anyone besides me been stupid enough to try and install aftermarket seats into a cabriolet? I was going to go Schroth Quick-Fit Pro, but there is no way to attach the outer lap belt, as the stock setup is entirely contained in the seat for a cabriolet. Although it's just a mounting point, so maybe there is a way to mount the belt on the bracket or the slider?

Comment

The seat belt receptacle is attached to the stock sliders.

As for the outer lap belt attachment, if you use sedan sliders it will have an attachment point for the outer lap belt

Comment

That would drive me crazy if they didn’t line it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
                The seat belt receptacle is attached to the stock sliders.

As for the outer lap belt attachment, if you use sedan sliders it will have an attachment point for the outer lap belt
                Do you know how much of the stock slider assembly you use? I'm looking on ebay for sedan sliders and it's a bunch of parts on there that I'm sure I'm throwing out.

Comment

Pretty much both rails but best bet is to find someone parting out a car locally or junk yard

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
                    Pretty much both rails but best bet is to find someone parting out a car locally or junk yard
                    I found a junkyard selling a pair of sedan sliders, hoping that this will work out perfectly. Too bad I can't just re-use my existing sliders, but if that solves the lap belt issue, then that will make it much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by t44tq View Post

I found a junkyard selling a pair of sedan sliders, hoping that this will work out perfectly. Too bad I can't just re-use my existing sliders, but if that solves the lap belt issue, then that will make it much easier.
                      You can reuse your existing sliders-- the outside lapbelt just bolts to the bolt where the lower portion of the shoulder harness attaches to the floor. The downside is the belt doesn't move with the seat if you do that, but you can do it if you want to reuse your coupe sliders.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working on getting a quote from HMS, and this is what they said about seat heaters. How was Cobra able to offer heaters to y’all previously??

”Seat heaters are not really an option with the circuit as the hole for the sub would become useless. All we have is a generic seat heater and don’t offer any OEM options anymore.”
                        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                          Working on getting a quote from HMS, and this is what they said about seat heaters. How was Cobra able to offer heaters to y’all previously??

”Seat heaters are not really an option with the circuit as the hole for the sub would become useless. All we have is a generic seat heater and don’t offer any OEM options anymore.”
                          Cobra added an update extra hole on the seat to pass the wiring for the seat heater (and the lumbar air line).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

yep, I happen to have my passenger seat next to me at the moment:

Click image for larger version

Name:	44999BC7-18B4-47D3-9D3B-AB24598FC64B.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	170155

Comment

Hmm, not sure why Cobra can’t offer that anymore. I’ll let y’all know what he says.

Comment

Who here is responsible for this?! Show thyself!! 😂

”It became a customer service nightmare, wrong connectors, things were different or didn’t work. Hours on the phone, diagnosing and helping someone who was no idea about working on electrical systems to get it going. Elements became hard to get. It wasn’t worth the time and angry customers.

You can certainly add it yourself as the cushions just Velcro’s out and you can add them underneath and run the wire down and out the front of the seat.”

Comment

Working...
                                X