Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
    Who here is responsible for this?! Show thyself!! 😂

”It became a customer service nightmare, wrong connectors, things were different or didn’t work. Hours on the phone, diagnosing and helping someone who was no idea about working on electrical systems to get it going. Elements became hard to get. It wasn’t worth the time and angry customers.

You can certainly add it yourself as the cushions just Velcro’s out and you can add them underneath and run the wire down and out the front of the seat.”
    That is unfortunate .. nothing about it is hard, but sourcing the connectors and making a custom harness requires some creativity and research. Not most peoples' strong suit when they can just complain to customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
      Pretty much both rails but best bet is to find someone parting out a car locally or junk yard
      Obioban
      Follow up question- how did you do the wiring? The sliders I got have everything, but no wiring, so I need plugs and pigtails at the very least.

The B-K brackets have the wiring pinout for the E30 switch, but the instructions are completely unclear about the actual seat motors- labeled I, II, III and IV.

Looks like I need to get an E30 pigtail for the window switch and pigtails for the two connectors on the power seat motor in order to make this work. Any advice on sources? I'll be searching on Google, Ebay, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

That is unfortunate .. nothing about it is hard, but sourcing the connectors and making a custom harness requires some creativity and research. Not most peoples' strong suit when they can just complain to customer service.
        I’m sure I could figure it out, and if I had questions I would ask you guys, not HMS. No worries tho, I never used the seat heaters when I had the stock seats…just wanted the seat heater buttons to be functional lol.
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by t44tq View Post

Obioban
          Follow up question- how did you do the wiring? The sliders I got have everything, but no wiring, so I need plugs and pigtails at the very least.

The B-K brackets have the wiring pinout for the E30 switch, but the instructions are completely unclear about the actual seat motors- labeled I, II, III and IV.

Looks like I need to get an E30 pigtail for the window switch and pigtails for the two connectors on the power seat motor in order to make this work. Any advice on sources? I'll be searching on Google, Ebay, etc.
          IIRC the motors only have two wires that matter (the thick ones), and which way you run the current determines which way the motor moves.

That said, I don't remember how I did the wiring anymore, and my car is on 2x manual sliders at this point.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I just finished wiring my Pole Positions with BK mounts for OE electric sliders. I also fitted a new Airbag Occupancy Sensor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC09164.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	170396

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
              I just finished wiring my Pole Positions with BK mounts for OE electric sliders. I also fitted a new Airbag Occupancy Sensor.
              Matt-
              Do you have the part numbers for the connectors at the seat motors and for the connector that clips into that big yellow plug?

Would you know the part numbers for the pins as well?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by t44tq View Post

Matt-
                Do you have the part numbers for the connectors at the seat motors and for the connector that clips into that big yellow plug?

Would you know the part numbers for the pins as well?

Thanks!
                I do not. BK provides these with their kit.

Comment

oops nevermind
                  Last edited by elbert; 07-09-2022, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Forgot to post this. My in laws got me the official nogaro lumbar support.

Name:	NogaroLumbar1.jpg
Views:	1276
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	175240

Name:	NogaroLumbar3.jpg
Views:	1273
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	175241

It works great, but I don't love the nutsack sticking out

Name:	NogaroLumbar4.jpg
Views:	1284
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	175239
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 ¡ DCT ¡ Slicktop ¡ Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 ¡ Coupe ¡ 6spd ¡ Slicktop ¡ zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Hahahhahaha love it!!!! Those seats really are awesome.

Comment

I tucked the nut sack under the seat leather on the tunnel side. I can still sneak my hand between the console and seat to squeeze it, but it's 100% out of sight.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                          I tucked the nut sack under the seat leather on the tunnel side. I can still sneak my hand between the console and seat to squeeze it, but it's 100% out of sight.
                          I left my nuts hanging, doesn't bother me. Did consider tucking them underneath the leather on the side, did you route the air hose in the slot under the seat base?

Regards

Comment

This thread has taken a surreal turn, lol
                            2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                            ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post

I left my nuts hanging, doesn't bother me. Did consider tucking them underneath the leather on the side, did you route the air hose in the slot under the seat base?

Regards
                              My seats came with the lumbar cushion, so there was a hole for its air line.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

This guy free ballin giving zero fucks.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X