Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's "Mr. Commando" to you.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Came for the seat review. Stayed for the sack content.

Too far?

Comment

I was supposed to get the nuts with mine but HMS missed it somehow. Luckily the seat fits me perfectly without any lumbar support .. unlike my OEM non-lumbar seats which were terrible for my back. Really depends on body shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          That's "Mr. Commando" to you.
          Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s the general consensus on manual vs electric for these? I am looking at getting them and I have an option to do a trade with cash my way of my M3 electric seats for sedan manual seats, which I will just dismantle for the rails… I like the idea of deleting another electrical component by going manual and I don’t feel I need the electric, but I’ve read that mounting these on the electric rail sits lower and that is if interest to me as I want headroom for a helmet (I am 6ft3” but I did do sunroof delete so have slick top now already). I k ow some of you have tried both and some guys are about my size so may have some good insights on what you preferred?

Comment

STAATS edited to correct per Obioban's post below.
              Last edited by lvm3sm46; 07-12-2022, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
                STAATS I am pretty sure its the other way. Lower on the manual sliders
                Stock seats are lower on manual slides, aftermarket seats are lower on power slides.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by STAATS View Post
                  What’s the general consensus on manual vs electric for these? I am looking at getting them and I have an option to do a trade with cash my way of my M3 electric seats for sedan manual seats, which I will just dismantle for the rails… I like the idea of deleting another electrical component by going manual and I don’t feel I need the electric, but I’ve read that mounting these on the electric rail sits lower and that is if interest to me as I want headroom for a helmet (I am 6ft3” but I did do sunroof delete so have slick top now already). I k ow some of you have tried both and some guys are about my size so may have some good insights on what you preferred?
                  I ended up moving from power to manual slides on both sides, because the power slides are really freaking slow. I use my back seats fairly often, and having to wait for the seat to move all the way forward is surprisingly annoying.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Stock seats are lower on manual slides, aftermarket seats are lower on power slides.
                    Interesting. How much how do you sit with aftermarket seats on manual sliders vs electric? Obviously not enough to be material as I think you’re about the same size as me -ish and you track yours with helmet and all and it doesn’t make enough of an issue for you to be unhappy with manual sliders by the sounds lol. My rear seat has a seat delete so the speed of access isn’t a huge driver for me. It’s more the simplicity of the seat trade with this guy and deleting another electrical component I’m in for. Providing that height difference isn’t a huge concession?

Comment

Interesting. How much how do you sit with aftermarket seats on manual sliders vs electric? Obviously not enough to be material as I think you’re about the same size as me -ish and you track yours with helmet and all and it doesn’t make enough of an issue for you to be unhappy with manual sliders by the sounds lol. My rear seat has a seat delete so the speed of access isn’t a huge driver for me. It’s more the simplicity of the seat trade with this guy and deleting another electrical component I’m in for. Providing that height difference isn’t a huge concession?
                      Why wouldn't you just get a manual set of sliders from a sedan at a scrap yard for cheap and use those? Or a power set if you so desire. Then you can just keep your stock seats in storage or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Why wouldn't you just get a manual set of sliders from a sedan at a scrap yard for cheap and use those? Or a power set if you so desire. Then you can just keep your stock seats in storage or whatever.
                        There’s scarcely a 1% chance I’d ever go back to my stock seats and my build is already way beyond ever being able to be taken back to stock. So I’d rather see the seats go to a good home in their entirety. Scrap market over here from wreckers is no where near as cheap and reasonable as it seems to be for you guys in the US. So easiest and most cost effective option for me is to do this trade. Just doing a final sense check that there’s minimal potential for regret. Instead of diving in. Installing the manuals and then realising power would be better so spending the next 12+M trying to find reasonably priced ones in our scant and overpriced used market haha

Comment

It’s ~3/4“ lower with the power slides. Combined with no sunroof, it ended up being 3/4” I didn’t need (at 6’4).

That said, if I didn’t care about back seat access, I’d stick with power. Makes it possible to adjust while fully strapped in, which is a PITA with the manual slides.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

It’s ~3/4“ lower with the power slides. Combined with no sunroof, it ended up being 3/4” I didn’t need (at 6’4).

That said, if I didn’t care about back seat access, I’d stick with power. Makes it possible to adjust while fully strapped in, which is a PITA with the manual slides.
                            Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. If the difference isn’t impacting you at 6ft4” then shouldn’t be a decider for me either. I see what you mean with the adjustment but I guess as I’m the only one that drives it and I don’t access the back seats, once I set a position there’s no reason for it to move. Although if that did come up as an issue then I imagine it’d be a small peeve I could either ignore or be okay to wait however long it took to find some power sliders at a non extortionate price. At least for now I have enough info that doing the trade with my mate should be a good call

Comment

Has anyone here ponied up for the carbon buckets yet? If so, any pics?

I just sourced some sedan sliders off fleaBay and I'm trying to make up my mind if the $1500 price differential is worth it for carbon over the GRP.

$1500 for 20lbs seems totally worth it to me 😀
                              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                                I just finished wiring my Pole Positions with BK mounts for OE electric sliders. I also fitted a new Airbag Occupancy Sensor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC09164.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	170396
                                Do you have the B-K part number for the brackets?

I have some Pole Position and a set of manual sliders that I want to put together. Right now I am using fixed Recaro brackets.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X