Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
    Can someone who recently received (or will soon receive) a GRP Nogaro weigh the seat? Preferably, if you have the standard vinyl and Dinamica upholstery.

Looking for the "as shipped" weight.

Gracias,
    Casa
    I will once I get them, still haven't shipped likely as a result of the custom order (stitching/logo delete). Heinz will probably beat me to the punch here.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Can someone who recently received (or will soon receive) a GRP Nogaro weigh the seat? Preferably, if you have the standard vinyl and Dinamica upholstery.

Looking for the "as shipped" weight.

Gracias,
      Casa
      Don't have the most accurate scale in the world, but average of the weights I got was 18.2 lbs per seat.

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
      I will once I get them, still haven't shipped likely as a result of the custom order (stitching/logo delete). Heinz will probably beat me to the punch here.
      Lol you know me well. Also sneak peek of my own DIY black stitching and logo delete (as in used a seam ripper and removed the embroidered logo):

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230104_180248.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	199153
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

How'd you end up blacking out the stitching? Sharpie?

Comment

Thanks much.

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          Don't have the most accurate scale in the world, but average of the weights I got was 18.2 lbs per seat.
          Thank you much for doing this, Heinz. So basically no difference between the weight of the seats I received and yours. This was with the bolts or without?

I'm in conversations with Driftworks and trying to gather as much info as I can.

Also sneak peek of my own DIY black stitching and logo delete (as in used a seam ripper and removed the embroidered logo):
          Oh super interesting. So you actually removed the stitching?! Brilliant idea. Do you have closeups you could share?
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Lol you know me well. Also sneak peek of my own DIY black stitching and logo delete (as in used a seam ripper and removed the embroidered logo):
            Dang, pretty cool ! FYI if you want Cobra will sell you just the pad with no Cobra logo, IIRC around $30 a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post
              How'd you end up blacking out the stitching? Sharpie?
              I used a fabric marker that I got at a local art supplies store. Tried sharpie as well and while it did work, you had to be super careful with what you painted since it stayed on the vinyl as well. The fabric marker ink only stays on the stitching so you can be super messy with it and then wipe away the excess that gets onto the vinyl.

Thank you much for doing this, Heinz. So basically no difference between the weight of the seats I received and yours. This was with the bolts or without?

I'm in conversations with Driftworks and trying to gather as much info as I can.

Oh super interesting. So you actually removed the stitching?! Brilliant idea. Do you have closeups you could share?
              No problem! Hope you get this resolved soon. Bummer that driftworks had the incorrect weight listed on their website. Edit: oh and this was with bolts

And yep, stitching is gone. The logo is still noticeable, but it kinda looks like it's embossed now, which I'm fine with. Still need to wrap up the work, but I'll be posting a bunch more pics and info to my journal when I'm done.

Originally posted by BTB View Post

Dang, pretty cool ! FYI if you want Cobra will sell you just the pad with no Cobra logo, IIRC around $30 a piece.
              $30!? Where!?

When I asked HMS they told me it would be $150 for two (+ wait time for new shipment to come over to the US), so I decided to do it myself instead.
              Last edited by heinzboehmer; 01-05-2023, 09:47 AM.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

$30!? Where!?

When I asked HMS they told me it would be $150 for two (+ wait time for new shipment to come over to the US), so I decided to do it myself instead.
                Hmmm, I probably got my numbers mixed up, it was a year ago when I asked. Thought it was reasonable but $75 a piece is probably right.

Comment

Put some info up on my journal about blacking out the stitching and removing the logo in case you or anyone else finds it useful: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...371#post199371

Comment

Is there any reason I couldn't use a factory occupancy sensor mat beyond it not fitting in the cushion?
                    I would like to use one if possible instead of bypassing it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230110_201727.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	200170

Instagram

Comment

You could use it. It’s just not very useful.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                        You could use it. It’s just not very useful.
                        What makes you say that?
                        As I understand my only other option is an aftermarket plug that would make the passenger airbag deploy with or without a passenger in the event of an impact.

Instagram

Comment

What makes you say that?
                          As I understand my only other option is an aftermarket plug that would make the passenger airbag deploy with or without a passenger in the event of an impact.
                          You can code it off, to accomplish that as well.

But, yes-- the purpose of the occupancy sensor is to lower insurance rates. It does that by not making passenger side airbags go off if no passenger is in the passenger seat in a crash.

... that doesn't seem like overly useful functionality to me after the initial purchase of the car, and the occupancy sensor is failure prone-- so I was happy to be free of it. A future airbag light I won't have. If I end up in a crash where the passenger airbags go off, insurance will still cover replacing them-- they don't know/care if you don't have the sensor.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                            and the occupancy sensor is failure prone
                            Another one of the reasons I coded mine off. I would rather have both airbags go off in an accident rather than trust an old, potentially improperly installed sensor in an aftermarket seat to protect my passenger.

Comment

Ok, so I just need one of those occupancy sensor emulators OR code it?

Instagram

Comment

Correct

Get the best deals for E46 Seat Occupancy Sensor Bypass at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X