Parts List for Karbonius Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts List for Karbonius Airbox

Ive been trying to do some research on whats needed to install this airbox. Everything im finding is pretty old and was wondering if there is anything updated. Can someone let me know if I am missing anything or ordering anything incorrectly. I purchased the CSL Race box w/ built in snorkel from Karb.

- CSL Air Shut off Valve - 11617833647(OEM) ( Is this necessary? I hear you can modify the existing one by using 2 male connectors on each end and replacing hard line with soft vacuum line, please correct me if im wrong.
    - Throttle Body Boot Set - 003313TMS03KT (Turner)
    - IAT Relocation Kit - 014579TMS (Turner)
    - CSL IAT Censor - 13621739510 (non oem) OEM one is like $50 more is there a big difference here?
    - (6) General Purpose Clamps - (OEM) 07129952125
    - (6) Intake hose Clamps - (OEM) 11617831745
    - CSL Vent Valve Bracket - (OEM) 11617833656 - is this needed as well? I hear people use zipties instead ?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    • 2006 AW/IR Manual
    • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
    • Supersprint
    • KW V3
    • 996 Brembo
    • ZCP / PSS

I've attached the parts list I made when I installed mine, hopefully that helps. Note that my car is an 02 so this list doesn't include the boots.

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post
    - CSL Air Shut off Valve - 11617833647(OEM) ( Is this necessary? I hear you can modify the existing one by using 2 male connectors on each end and replacing hard line with soft vacuum line, please correct me if im wrong.
    You can just cut off the hard line and replace with flexible vacuum line, which is what I did.

- (6) General Purpose Clamps - (OEM) 07129952125
    I suggest you get 11617830306 instead. Those worm gear clamps might cause the throttle actuator arm to bind if installed incorrectly. I also personally think they look better.

- (6) Intake hose Clamps - (OEM) 11617831745
    Unless you severely mess up the clamps that are on your car, these are reusable.

- CSL Vent Valve Bracket - (OEM) 11617833656 - is this needed as well? I hear people use zipties instead ?
    My Karbonius airbox came with this bracket installed, although I purchased the regular one, not the race version.

Also, based on your signature, your car will have the crankcase vent solenoid. You could remove it completely, replace with the CSL vent hose (11157833649), and cap off the port for the solenoid on your idle air rail (or replace with an early air rail). Or you could find some vacuum line that fits and extend it to fit the new airbox (and keep all the solenoid related things).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by heinzboehmer; 07-14-2020, 02:45 PM.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
      I've attached the parts list I made when I installed mine, hopefully that helps. Note that my car is an 02 so this list doesn't include the boots.

You can just cut off the hard line and replace with flexible vacuum line, which is what I did.

I suggest you get 11617830306 instead. Those worm gear clamps might cause the throttle actuator arm to bind if installed incorrectly. I also personally think they look better.

Unless you severely mess up the clamps that are on your car, these are reusable.

My Karbonius airbox came with this bracket installed, although I purchased the regular one, not the race version.

Also, based on your signature, your car will have the crankcase vent solenoid. You could remove it completely, replace with the CSL vent hose (11157833649), and cap off the port for the solenoid on your idle air rail (or replace with an early air rail). Or you could find some vacuum line that fits and extend it to fit the new airbox (and keep all the solenoid related things).
      Bless You! This was super helpful, is there a DIY for the shutoff valve than u know of?
      • 2006 AW/IR Manual
      • Supersprint
      • KW V3
      • 996 Brembo
      • ZCP / PSS

Comment

+1 on the shutoff valve. Cut it after it goes through the grommet and it makes the curve. Remove the hard line from the male connector that goes to the airbox. Then install soft line in between. On the breather hose that has the solenoid to the top of the valve cover I just did the same but like he mentioned above you can just get the CSL and remove the solenoid and cap the air rail.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	1A010480-0A6A-43ED-AEE9-CB8027ACBA89.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	138.0 KB ID:	42954
        Last edited by COVID-19; 07-14-2020, 03:42 PM.
        06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Or you can remove the entirety of the hard line and put the flexible line between the two male connectors.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Or you can remove the entirety of the hard line and put the flexible line between the two male connectors.
            True. I think the hose I got was too thick and wouldn’t fit perfectly on the grommet. Reason I didn’t do it. Might look for a smaller one later.
            06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Comment

i ended up just getting the CSL, thanks for the info guys!
              • 2006 AW/IR Manual
              • Supersprint
              • KW V3
              • 996 Brembo
              • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Also clean the ICV while you’re in there.

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
                  Also clean the ICV while you’re in there.
                  That seems pretty easy, def will do this. Thanks
                  • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                  • Supersprint
                  • KW V3
                  • 996 Brembo
                  • ZCP / PSS

Comment

No IAT relocation on your list?

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post

No IAT relocation on your list?
                      I'm running the IAT sensor in the stock location for now, but it does get pretty heatsoaked, so that might change in the future.

Comment

you also will need to bend the dip stick tube !

Comment

Originally posted by M3LSB.Gab View Post
                          you also will need to bend the dip stick tube !
                          I just swung mine all the way back behind the strut bar. Didn't need to bend it.

Comment

Question about the air shut of valve, im puting together a velocity stack setup, so it wont be conected anyways. didt found a answer what do do with the hose in this case
                            anybody can help out?

Comment

Sorry to bump a slightly old thread. But I wanted to make a post to deal with a lot of the conflicting and maybe outdated info out there.

I'm installing a Turner Box on a 2005 SMG car w/ MAF. First time doing this, but very eager to try. I don't want to buy anything unnecessary for my set-up. Including the ECU stuff is this all I need to get the car on the road? Prices obv don't include sales tax.

Must needs:
                              - CSL Airbox ($1583.75)
                              - 6x 60-80mm Band Hose Clamp (9mm) (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                              - 6x 50-70mm Band Hose Clamp (9mm) (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                              - Valve Bracket (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                              - CSL Air Filter ($179.95)
                              - Kassel MSS54HP CSL Conversion ($235)
                              - CSL MAP Sensor ($125)
                              - IAT Relocation Kit ($119.90)
                              - CSL IAT Sensor ($37.43)
                              - SMG Expansion Tank ($159.95)
                              - SMG Expansion Tank Bracket ($29.95)

Don't need / optional:
                              - CSL Dipstick
                              - CSL Dipstick tube
                              - Silicone Throttle Boots
                              - CSL Air Shut-off Valve

- Since my car is a 2005 it has a MSS54HP so the conversion kit is enough aka don't need to upgrade from a MSS54 to MSS54hp?

- My car was manufactured exactly 10/04 so I can reuse the throttle boots (Airbox kit comes with a new set though)

- I can modify my existing shut off valve by re-using two male connectors on each ends and replacing the hardline with a soft vacuum line

- I can bend/move the stock dipstick.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X