Carfection manual CSL video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CSLManual View Post

honestly I think it’s fine, and for me it makes the car a lot more eager, like it’s always ready to go, a bit more of a hooligan. I don’t do many long trips in the CSL, specially at the moment but I’ve been on a few motorways and I can’t say it bugs me. Only think I’ve noticed really is that I’ve lost 1MPG from the dash reading.
    Is the car in the video yours man?
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Yes 😊

Comment

honestly I think it’s fine, and for me it makes the car a lot more eager, like it’s always ready to go, a bit more of a hooligan. I don’t do many long trips in the CSL, specially at the moment but I’ve been on a few motorways and I can’t say it bugs me. Only think I’ve noticed really is that I’ve lost 1MPG from the dash reading.
        First off, awesome car my friend. I love that you went for it and are using and enjoying it! I'm sure the diff is subjective, I have to do a decent about of freeway driving here in LA around 80mph (just being honest/realistic) so I'm not sure if that would bug me or not. It's not like the car gets great MPG to begin with...
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Yes 😊
          Beautiful car, mate. Wish we got the CSL over here in the states...that interior!
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Yeah absolutely, I only use the car for fun stuff and avoid highways if at all possible, so most of my driving is country roads with lots of accels and shifts and such and for me, the 4.1 just makes the whole thing that much better. I can imagine it wouldn’t be a great advantage on US roads from my limited experience.

Comment

Yeah absolutely, I only use the car for fun stuff and avoid highways if at all possible, so most of my driving is country roads with lots of accels and shifts and such and for me, the 4.1 just makes the whole thing that much better. I can imagine it wouldn’t be a great advantage on US roads from my limited experience.
              CSL and a C63 BS.

Let us know how the manual swap is going for the BS. I'd personally use a TR6060.
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Yes 😊
                Was that supercardriver video your CSL and C63 BS?

Comment

No, there’s been a few CSL manual conversions done now, mine was one of the first and was in the Carfection and Autocar videos, I don’t have a C63.

Comment

Working...
                  X