Craigslist Find Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

It’s the initial release color if i’m not mistaken. For an e46 m3, it’s more special than any other individual in my eyes. PY and LSB both
    It was yes. Like I say, each to their own. I like the colour, but I wouldn't own one. Depends how you define 'special', certainly not in terms of production numbers. But if owning a car in it's press release colour is your thing then yeah it's special I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

It was yes. Like I say, each to their own. I like the colour, but I wouldn't own one. Depends how you define 'special', certainly not in terms of production numbers. But if owning a car in it's press release colour is your thing then yeah it's special I suppose.
      Special as in, you know it’s an e46 m3 from a mile away with PY and LSB.

Comment

Same can probably be said for imola red and interlagos blue in that regard. Just for me, if got an individual paint slot, I probably would have chosen something that made my car 'individual' not something that is recognizably E46 M3 that thousands of others chose from the standard colours list.

Comment

Same can probably be said for imola red and interlagos blue in that regard. Just for me, if got an individual paint slot, I probably would have chosen something that made my car 'individual' not something that is recognizably E46 M3 that thousands of others chose from the standard colours list.
          imola red just looks like any other red from a distance. Interlagos isn’t distinct enough (could be Topaz to some). PY and LSB are very distinct and unmistakably e46 m3 colors.

But I get your point. Why get individual option to go with a standard color.

Comment

When someone says ferrari enzo, do you picture one in yellow, black or red? Pretty sure red is the most iconic. Ferrari's just look right in red.

Same thing for E46 M3. LSB and PY are the most iconic colors. They just scream E46 M3. You can't say the something about any E9X color, even fire orange. F8x on the other hand was round 2 of the same marketing strategy, a cool blue and yellow. Sadly neither one is as nice !
            Last edited by Maxima SE; 08-25-2021, 07:56 PM.
            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

When someone says ferrari enzo, do you picture one in yellow, black or red? Pretty sure red is the most iconic. Ferrari's just look right in red.

Same thing for E46 M3. LSB and PY are the most iconic colors. They just scream E46 M3. You can't say the something about any E9X color, even fire orange. F8x on the other hand was round 2 of the same marketing strategy, a cool blue and yellow. Sadly neither one is as nice !
              I don't know that I completely agree for LSB. It's very similar to santorini blue for the E9X M3, not something you guys in the states can relate to but it is very similar to a blue found on half the holden commodores in NZ. PY on the other hand is quite unique and iconic I will grant. Even other yellow paints aren't quite the same. But again, seems weird to individual spec something that screams E46 M3. Kind of defeats the purpose of being able to pick from the entire paint catalogue.

Comment

But again, seems weird to individual spec something that screams E46 M3. Kind of defeats the purpose of being able to pick from the entire paint catalogue.
                I dont disagree with that at all
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I don't know that I completely agree for LSB. It's very similar to santorini blue for the E9X M3, not something you guys in the states can relate to but it is very similar to a blue found on half the holden commodores in NZ. PY on the other hand is quite unique and iconic I will grant. Even other yellow paints aren't quite the same. But again, seems weird to individual spec something that screams E46 M3. Kind of defeats the purpose of being able to pick from the entire paint catalogue.
                  Oh, LSB is definitely iconic E46 color. Every single piece of launch marketing material and subsequent ads for years had LSB and PY as poster colors for E46M here in States.
                  BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

So a "recognizable" trait makes it special? I guess a pontiac aztek is special by that logic.

Also don't understand what "it was the initial release color" means. There were several initial release colors namely jet black, alpine white, imola, lsb, ti silver, steel gray, carbon black, phoenix, and topaz.

During the 2003.5 refresh, topaz was replaced with mystic and steel gray by silver gray,

People on the old forum I was on referred to phoenix as piss yellow and lsb as smurf blue. I think ymb is far superior to lsb anyway.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

So a "recognizable" trait makes it special? I guess a pontiac aztek is special by that logic.

Also don't understand what "it was the initial release color" means. There were several initial release colors namely jet black, alpine white, imola, lsb, ti silver, steel gray, carbon black, phoenix, and topaz.
                      theres literally 2 other posters above that explains everything. If you still can’t see it then you never will. Agree to disagree my guy

Comment

During the 2003.5 refresh, topaz was replaced with mystic and steel gray by silver gray,

People on the old forum I was on referred to phoenix as piss yellow and lsb as smurf blue. I think ymb is far superior to lsb anyway.
                        Call me biased, but YMB comes no where close to LSB my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        -Singh
                        2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
                        BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
                        Besian

Comment

theres literally 2 other posters above that explains everything. If you still can’t see it then you never will. Agree to disagree my guy
                          I read all the posts and pointed out your flawed logic.

Originally posted by Singh View Post

Call me biased, but YMB comes no where close to LSB my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          You're a little biased lol.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

People arguing which color they like more, smh.
                            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                              People arguing which color they like more, smh.
                              It's just funny to see people get on the bandwagon. Lsb was mocked as smurf blue and Phoenix was mocked either as vomit yellow or baby diarrhea. The vast majority of people spoke out against it before the values climbed. But now everyone suddenly loves it, cause attention and no other reason. And for the record , LSB > YMB but YMB is growing on me.

Comment

I read all the posts and pointed out your flawed logic.

so which color is the most iconic specifically for the e46 m3?
                                Last edited by IamFODI; 08-27-2021, 12:26 PM. Reason: Unnecessary pugnaciousness

Comment

Working...
                                X