No announcement yet.

Craigslist Find Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this color combo unique enough to offset the mileage to arrive at this price? What are your thoughts?
    2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
    [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post

Is this color combo unique enough to offset the mileage to arrive at this price? What are your thoughts?
      The internet says there were 15 RHD and 8 LHD made in this color - so one of 8. I'm not sure about the breakdown of interiors, I'd imagine most were just black. So this is one of the rarest e46m3 in an extremely desirable color combo. With that said, $50k seems a bit high to me considering the miles. I think low 40s in today's market is more realistic.
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

The internet says there were 15 RHD and 8 LHD made in this color - so one of 8. I'm not sure about the breakdown of interiors, I'd imagine most were just black. So this is one of the rarest e46m3 in an extremely desirable color combo. With that said, $50k seems a bit high to me considering the miles. I think low 40s in today's market is more realistic.
        The car was originally specced with a black interior, according to the vin. So slightly less rare, but still super rare. And it's got m texture now so who cares about what it originally came with.

That being said, I do think asking $50k for that car is nuts, considering the mileage and all the other "undesirable" things it's got (MK20, power seats, sunroof, etc.).
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

The car was originally specced with a black interior, according to the vin. So slightly less rare, but still super rare. And it's got m texture now so who cares about what it originally came with.

That being said, I do think asking $50k for that car is nuts, considering the mileage and all the other "undesirable" things it's got (MK20, power seats, sunroof, etc.).
          Ahhh didn't know it was swapped, that does make it less desirable for sure. And yeah, the ad says nothing about its maintenance history which will be a big question mark for any potential buyer, especially considering the miles. It could easily require $10k in maintenance if the big three haven't been done yet.

Comment

Lol come on man this is getting out of hand.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Maybe only 8 were made because it turns out that color actually looks terrible on the E46

Comment

The rarity thing cracks me up, porsche guys love saying one of one in the world with pink stitching! Bruh who cares how many were made, it's low because nobody else wanted it.

None of that stuff makes the car desirable to rational people. My car is a black on black with manual and no sunroof, I would have paid more just to get those standard items.

People only do shit because it's different (like red centercaps) not because it looks better (which it doesn't) if you look at it in a vacuum.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

jet_dogg different strokes I suppose. It's all preference based. But the desirability isn't always just based on rarity. Sometimes preferences just change over time. M texture was never liked or popular in period hence the low production numbers. But rarity aside I wouldn't change mine out for any other interior. I have a hard time believing people only want it because it's rare. Seems to me that It's simply more visually interesting, more modern (imo), and even more comfortable. I imagine many who have owned it feel similar.

An m texture car is valuable to me, simply because it's my favourite interior. I would struggle to own an m3 without it after having one tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                    Maybe only 8 were made because it turns out that color actually looks terrible on the E46
                    blasphemous! TV looks fantastic on the e46

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

blasphemous! TV looks fantastic on the e46
                      I gotta say, it's one of my favorite colors.

Comment

Agreed, techno violet is awesome
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

To each their own. I’d rock it on an E36 but it looks wrong on later cars to me for some reason. Maybe because it screams “90s”

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                            jet_dogg different strokes I suppose. It's all preference based. But the desirability isn't always just based on rarity. Sometimes preferences just change over time. M texture was never liked or popular in period hence the low production numbers. But rarity aside I wouldn't change mine out for any other interior. I have a hard time believing people only want it because it's rare. Seems to me that It's simply more visually interesting, more modern (imo), and even more comfortable. I imagine many who have owned it feel similar.

An m texture car is valuable to me, simply because it's my favourite interior. I would struggle to own an m3 without it after having one tbh.
                            M-texture is rare because it wasn’t on the order sheet. It was a hidden order option.
                            2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

M-texture is rare because it wasn’t on the order sheet. It was a hidden order option.
                              Not really. There's no such thing as a "hidden" option. It was a priority one option. Meaning it wasn't an option that the dealers could order. The reason for this was that the majority of early priority one orders specced full leather anyway, so it would probably be a loss for the dealers to order cars with f2at. Although it's true that dealers not being able to order it might have made it more rare, it was this way because it was already an unpopular option. And whether they could have ordered it or not probably wouldn't have changed the production numbers all that much.

The fact that it was a $1000 option (IIRC), leather was considered more premium at the time, and it was considered a bit ugly is what made it rare. It most certainly was on the order sheet lol, so long as the car was a customer ordered and sold car and not for a dealer inventory.
                              Last edited by Thoglan; 06-15-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

I'm not necessarily saying rare = desirable. M alcantara was dope, I wish I had ordered it but I don't feel terrible about it. I even considered cloth but in both instances only the inserts were as such and I hate leather bolsters only in a sports car (like tint lol).

Comment

Working...
                                X