Craigslist Find Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MTiz View Post

That car has been sitting on Marketplace for the entire year. You'd think it would have sold by now in that combo.
    Hmm, I wonder why... Now I'm tempted to drive up and take a look for myself.
    Rich | 2001 E46 M3 | Alpinweiss & Imolarot | 6MT

Comment

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...199482030.html

This is the one. Subframe, Vanos, Rod Bearings, and under $20k with 89k miles? I have to be missing a salvage title or something because this is an outstanding deal. Might need to call the bank and ask for a small loan...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MTiz; 09-23-2020, 03:42 PM.
      2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

This has been on the CL for a stretch. Started at $18K and now down to $12K. I have no affiliation with seller.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/d...199341050.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	00A0A_lSHhtGpcIKQ_0CI0pd_1200x900.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	58049

Comment

Originally posted by akamin68 View Post
          This has been on the CL for a stretch. Started at $18K and now down to $12K. I have no affiliation with seller.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/d...199341050.html
          That looks like a lot of car for $12k, it's in really good condition and the interior looks great. I'd imagine trying to sell that car right before winter in Minneapolis is probably challenging.
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
          Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

Originally posted by akamin68 View Post

[URL="https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/hastings-bmw-m3-2002/7199341050.html"]https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/d...199341050.html
            Happy to go check this out for any forum member who wants it. Would probably buy it myself if I didn't already own two...

Comment

Nice supersprint section 3

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerchop View Post

Hmm, I wonder why... Now I'm tempted to drive up and take a look for myself.
                Honestly, I think it's just that a 100k+ mile convertible just isn't worth near that much regardless of paint/interior combo. Reasonable mileage verts are cheap. I'm talking 60% of the price of that car cheap. I got my CB/Imola vert with 45k miles for $12k (two years ago, and SMG, but still). You can find LSB verts with less mileage for $15-$16k all day. As someone who likes verts and is currently on the lookout for a keeper with a preferred color combo, $18k would be the most I would consider spending on that car (and man do I want an OG/cinn combo). Verts just aren't that valuable relative to coupes, esp high mileage verts. It's a beautiful example and there may well be a buyer for that car out there at that price, but it might take a looong time for them to show up.

The hardtop's awesome, but honestly CSL trunks look super dumb on convertibles.
                Last edited by ATB88; 09-27-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Honestly, I think it's just that a 100k+ mile convertible just isn't worth near that much regardless of paint/interior combo. Reasonable mileage verts are cheap. I'm talking 60% of the price of that car cheap. I got my CB/Imola vert with 45k miles for $12k (two years ago, and SMG, but still). You can find LSB verts with less mileage for $15-$16k all day. As someone who likes verts and is currently on the lookout for a keeper with a preferred color combo, $18k would be the most I would consider spending on that car (and man do I want an OG/cinn combo). Verts just aren't that valuable relative to coupes, esp high mileage verts. It's a beautiful example and there may well be a buyer for that car out there at that price, but it might take a looong time for them to show up.

The hardtop's awesome, but honestly CSL trunks look super dumb on convertibles.
                  Tough call on that one for sure.

Pros
                  1. Oxford Green Vert is rare
                  2. Hardtop with it, much more rare
                  3. Cinnamon interior, rare
                  4. The seats look, from the pics (hard to tell), to be in fantastic condition.
                  5. Paint looks to be in good condition
                  6. Has the 19" wheels which look better on verts

Cons
                  1. Aftermarket CSL deck lid and the gaps show it. He should have kept the OEM deck lid.
                  2. SMG ( I own an SMG and really like it but I accept it isn't for most)
                  3. 116k on the clock
                  4. Suspension looks suspect as the car is sitting way too low currently.
                  5. No mention of VANOS, rod bearings, or RACP enforcement.

He should correct the suspension and ditch the aftermarket CSL lid. Probably greatly improve his chances of getting close to what he is asking.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Tough call on that one for sure.

Pros
                    1. Oxford Green Vert is rare
                    2. Hardtop with it, much more rare
                    3. Cinnamon interior, rare
                    4. The seats look, from the pics (hard to tell), to be in fantastic condition.
                    5. Paint looks to be in good condition
                    6. Has the 19" wheels which look better on verts

Cons
                    1. Aftermarket CSL deck lid and the gaps show it. He should have kept the OEM deck lid.
                    2. SMG ( I own an SMG and really like it but I accept it isn't for most)
                    3. 116k on the clock
                    4. Suspension looks suspect as the car is sitting way too low currently.
                    5. No mention of VANOS, rod bearings, or RACP enforcement.

He should correct the suspension and ditch the aftermarket CSL lid. Probably greatly improve his chances of getting close to what he is asking.

It's actually a manual, so there's that. If the seats were actually in pristine condition, I'd be a little more willing to entertain that price. But having owned 2 verts now, it seems near impossible to me that a 17 year old, 115k mile summer-driven convertible still has nice leather. It's really hard to tell in pics unless they're close up and high quality. But I maintain that despite the rarity and seemingly good condition, there just isn't a market for E46 convertibles above $20k unless they're really low mileage.

That said, there's a chance that I'm going to eat those words when I break down and try to buy this thing when it's still on the market in December :P

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

It's actually a manual, so there's that. If the seats were actually in pristine condition, I'd be a little more willing to entertain that price. But having owned 2 verts now, it seems near impossible to me that a 17 year old, 115k mile summer-driven convertible still has nice leather. It's really hard to tell in pics unless they're close up and high quality. But I maintain that despite the rarity and seemingly good condition, there just isn't a market for E46 convertibles above $20k unless they're really low mileage.

That said, there's a chance that I'm going to eat those words when I break down and try to buy this thing when it's still on the market in December :P
                      You are correct on the pricing of verts. I have the all the BAT data. With this mileage the only way he gets close to what he wants is if the paint and interior are in really really good condition.

I didn't even notice it was a manual, too busy looking at the seats LoL. That definitely helps.

Here are the only comparable ones from BAT but none of these are OG with hard top.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2005 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #25,105.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 2001 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #33,259.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-25/
                      Last edited by oceansize; 09-27-2020, 05:41 PM.
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

There were a couple of 03 6spd coupe OG/Cinnamon with similar miles on M3F with low 20's asking price that sat forever and no one bought them. This vert is worth in the low to mid teens IMO. no matter how rare OG is, it is still a color that easily blends in traffic and doesn't scream special at you the way some of the other bright skittle colors on the E46 M do. The more these cars age, the more desirable those colors have become.

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #24,401.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1147482751.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	58616
                        Last edited by Maxima SE; 09-28-2020, 05:53 AM.
                        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                          There were a couple of 03 6spd coupe OG/Cinnamon with similar miles on M3F with low 20's asking price that sat forever and no one bought them. This vert is worth in the low to mid teens IMO. no matter how rare OG is, it is still a color that easily blends in traffic and doesn't scream special at you the way some of the other bright skittle colors on the E46 M do. The more these cars age, the more desirable those colors have become.

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #24,401.

I remember that BAT auction and I don't think it is representative of what an OG/Cinnamon with a good seller would go for. Seller seemed to be shady, tried selling the car on the old m3forum and he sabotaged that auction by being less than forthcoming in his responses. Just look at the comments. Not a good example.

This one falls in right in line with the brighter colors with similar mileage and a good seller.

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,894.

Have to agree to disagree on OG/Cinnamon combo. I think it is one of the best color combos on this car. OG without Cinnamon is not as desirable.

Comment

I remember that BAT auction and I don't think it is representative of what an OG/Cinnamon with a good seller would go for. Seller seemed to be shady, tried selling the car on the old m3forum and he sabotaged that auction by being less than forthcoming in his responses. Just look at the comments. Not a good example.

This one falls in right in line with the brighter colors with similar mileage and a good seller.

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,894.

Have to agree to disagree on OG/Cinnamon combo. I think it is one of the best color combos on this car. OG without Cinnamon is not as desirable.
                            I distinctly remember the new owner of that first OG/Cinn being burned because the subframe was rusted out and littered with cracks. That second one was absolutely perfect and the final bid reflected that.
                            2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by ShapeShifter View Post
                              Nice supersprint section 3
                              hurr derr that's yours
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

OG without Cinnamon is not as desirable.
                                I'm genuinely curious to know if there were any sick f**ks out there who optioned OG with and Imola interior lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X