This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbosig View Post
    Just saw a version of M3forum.net up and running when did that happen? Sorry haven't been on the boards in a while.
    Not working for me?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Thank you for this. I haven’t searched for a forum for a while since the last one went down. So nice to have it back. Thanks Ian and other admin.

Comment

Recently registered here, I had been on the old forum. Does NAm3forum stand for North America? as it took a little bit to remember.

Thank you for creating this new forum! Looking forward to the growth of this new forum!πŸŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ“ˆ
        Last edited by coolchill; 08-26-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

New M3 owner here, β€˜03 Black/Black SMG w/ ~125k miles. This is my 3rd BMW, sitting alongside my β€˜01 Z3 3.0i and β€˜01 X5 3.0i. I love this era of BMWs.

This forum looks like a huge wealth of knowledge, so thank you for keeping it alive!!

Comment

Oh how I have missed this

Comment

Thanks for bringing this forum back. I had an E46 M3 back in the mid/late 2000's and always regretted selling the car. Happy to say that I'm an E46 M3 owner again, I missed this car a ton.

Looking forward to being a member of the forums again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabidfox View Post
                Oh how I have missed this
                This forum is showing up more and more on Google searches. As more people search for "how do I do XYZ” and get diverted here, this community will do nothing but grow. Ton of knowledge here. Welcome to the party.
                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue​

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

This forum is showing up more and more on Google searches. As more people search for "how do I do XYZ” and get diverted here, this community will do nothing but grow. Ton of knowledge here. Welcome to the party.
                  I was a sad panda when the old one went down and just happened across the renew. Time to build the post count back and try to find all those glorious Obioban posts I had bookmarked

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

This makes me want to cancel the import project
                    Hey fellas - Super glad to see the thread on how to do a manual swap resurrected. As you can see, I'm not OUT...

When I first made that comment over a year ago I was super frustrated that the old forum disappeared, but I'm glad the community seems to be here now. Truthfully, I've rocked my SMG to 6MT swap now for over 3 years and it's great because I did the whole job 100% in my garage, including the coding (which I sent money to someone in the UK, downloaded the file, and used that to code the swap...) and managed to avoid the bell housing nonsense by using the RTD shifter (detents built in with reverse lockout). Saved hundreds and time just on these two steps alone.

Anyway, after three years of driving my manual swap, I do still get the stalling issue. Generally, it happens on cold start and seems to happen when the car goes down my somewhat steep driveway (not sure if it's an angle thing). Anyway, only does it once but I still would like to figure out why it stalls at startup, but is fine the rest of the day. And no, I don't any CEL, ABS or other lights on in my dash. I rank my swap right up there with swaps done my pro shops like Lang, etc., save for this odd stalling issue.

Any solutions in 2021?
                    | 2003 Alpine White E46 M3 SMG to 6 Speed | 2012 Sophisto Gray Metallic F10 535I MSport | 2017 Infiniti QX30 | 2005 Ford Expedition Limited |

Comment

Thanks for saving this. I finally re-registered on here from M3F.

Comment

I just found this after a friend referred me - looking forward to learning from y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by PabloCruise View Post
                          I just found this after a friend referred me - looking forward to learning from y'all!
                          Welcome aboard!
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue​

Comment

Thank you all for this great place on the net!!!

Comment

thank you for the introduction. Question, is there waiting/grace period before a new member could post a "WTB/for sale" thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ldmiller78 View Post
                                thank you for the introduction. Question, is there waiting/grace period before a new member could post a "WTB/for sale" thread?
                                I'm a new member and I heard you need 50 posts or 6 months on the website

Comment

Working...
                                X